Home > Pradaxa > Diabetes > Pradaxa and Diabetes
Review: could Pradaxa cause Diabetes?
Summary: Diabetes is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Atenolol, and have Hypertension.
We study 27,026 people who have side effects while taking Pradaxa from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Diabetes. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Diabetes >>>
Pradaxa (latest outcomes from 27,254 users) has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Diabetes (latest reports from 387,508 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 27,024 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa. Among them, 18 people (0.07%) have Diabetes.
Time on Pradaxa when people have Diabetes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diabetes when taking Pradaxa * :
Age of people who have Diabetes when taking Pradaxa * :
Severity of Diabetes when taking Pradaxa ** :
How people recovered from Diabetes ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 27.78%)
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 22.22%)
- Pelvic fracture (3 people, 16.67%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 16.67%)
- Fracture pain (2 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (3 people, 16.67%)
- Digoxin (3 people, 16.67%)
- Niaspan (3 people, 16.67%)
- Glyburide (3 people, 16.67%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes while taking Pradaxa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Diabetes
- support group for people who take Pradaxa
- support group for people who have Diabetes
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has DIABETES, and takes Metformin, Prilosec)
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- Does pradaxa cause joint pain?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Aching Joints, and takes Pradaxa)
joint pain--shoulders,forearms ,wrists,fingers----since heart valve operation last August pain at night in the afore mentioned joints. have been to;\ld heart drugs--blood thinners can cause this discomfort.Is this true??
- Will the herb hca in garcinia cambogia cause liver damage or in cases be fatal
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, and takes Janumet)
I take synthroid once a day for my diabetes im on insulin at bedtime and the janumet twice daily. will the garcinia cambogia xt interfere with my meds. also I read from a consumers on health that the HCA in the supplement could damage the liver and in one was fatal. do yu think I should be taking t ...
- Can pradaxa cause mds?
(Asked by a 79 year old man who has MDS, and takes Pradaxa)
I want to know if taking Pradaxa can cause MDS; and if so, would stopping taking Pradaxa cause the MDS to go away or would I need to take treatments to help the MDS anyway?
More questions for: Pradaxa, Diabetes
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Steroid Myopathy, Osteopenia, Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy , Cushing's Syndrome - Steroid Induced, and takes Prednisone)
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chest Pain, Stomach Pain, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
More reviews for: Pradaxa, Diabetes
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Altace, Tricor, Coreg, Pradaxa, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Lipitor, Lasix, Omeprazole, Lantus for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Thinner, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Acid Reflux, Diabetic Complication. The patient has Zithromax
Comments: I have had bypass surgery twice. Triple in 1984, quadruple in 2009. After the 2009 bypass, I developed atrial fibrillation, low pulse rate and diabetes. On Jan 4th, I saw my doctor for flu symptoms. He prescribed a Z-Pack which I took from Jan 5 - 9, 2013. On Feb 19, 2013 I collapsed in a grocer ...
More related studies for: Pradaxa, Diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Uterine Fibroids
- Enalapril Maleate
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (13 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (16 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (40 minutes ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (33 minutes ago)
- Compare Cellcept and Prograf and Rapamune for a 50-year old woman (37 minutes ago)
- Gymnema Sylvestre for a 72-year old man who has High Blood Sugar (56 minutes ago)