Review: could Pradaxa cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Atenolol, and have High blood pressure.
We study 27,036 people who have side effects while taking Pradaxa from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Pradaxa has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 27,265 Pradaxa users)
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 141,096 Diabetes mellitus patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 27,036 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa. Among them, 19 people (0.07%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Pradaxa when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes mellitus||85.71%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Pradaxa * :
|Diabetes mellitus||57.89%||42.11% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Pradaxa * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||23.53%||76.47% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Pradaxa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (6 people, 31.58%)
- Atrial fibrillation (5 people, 26.32%)
- Diabetes mellitus (4 people, 21.05%)
- Pelvic fracture (3 people, 15.79%)
- Arrhythmia (2 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (4 people, 21.05%)
- Glyburide (4 people, 21.05%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 15.79%)
- Digoxin (3 people, 15.79%)
- Fish oil (3 people, 15.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Pradaxa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Pradaxa
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Simponi for a 56-year old man with Back Disorder, Psoriatic Arthropathy. The patient has Diabetes, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Sore Throat
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus Solostar, Glipizide And Metformin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Bystolic, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Sitagliptin Phosphate for a 64-year old woman with Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of side effects of Pradaxa for a 68-year old man with Arterial Disorder. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
- A study of drug interactions between Dyazide, Dapsone, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Metoprolol Succinate, Pradaxa for a 52-year old woman with Leg Swelling, Dermatitis Herpetiformis, Oedema Due To Hepatic Disease, A-fib. The patient has Blood Blister
- A study of side effects of Pradaxa for a 69-year old woman with Spotting. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
Recent Pradaxa related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.