Pradaxa and Diabetes - from FDA reports
Diabetes is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Diabetes with Pradaxa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 56,540 people who have side effects when taking Pradaxa from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 23, 2017
56,540 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa.
Among them, 76 people (0.13%) have Diabetes
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Pradaxa when people have Diabetes *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diabetes when taking Pradaxa *:
- female: 58.9 %
- male: 41.1 %
Age of people who have Diabetes when taking Pradaxa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.96 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 1.96 %
- 50-59: 13.73 %
- 60+: 82.35 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (22 people, 28.95%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (13 people, 17.11%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (6 people, 7.89%)
- Cardiac Disorder (4 people, 5.26%)
- Glaucoma (3 people, 3.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (11 people, 14.47%)
- Nexium (10 people, 13.16%)
- Crestor (8 people, 10.53%)
- Atenolol (8 people, 10.53%)
- Lipitor (7 people, 9.21%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (11 people, 14.47%)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (10 people, 13.16%)
- Malaise (9 people, 11.84%)
- Cardiac Disorder (9 people, 11.84%)
- Anaemia (9 people, 11.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes when taking Pradaxa?
Pradaxa has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Pradaxa 55,392 users)
Diabetes has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, diabetes, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 285,502 Diabetes patients).