Review: could Pradaxa cause Fatigue?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 3, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.7/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 23,694 people who take Pradaxa. Among them, 808 have Fatigue. See who they are, when they have Fatigue and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Pradaxa (latest outcomes from 27,219 users) has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter, blood clots. Commonly reported side effects of Pradaxa include gastrointestinal haemorrhage, indigestion, dyspepsia aggravated, dizziness, dizziness aggravated.
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,503,022 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 17, 2014: 23,676 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa. Among them, 729 people (3.08%) have Fatigue.
Time on Pradaxa when people have Fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Pradaxa * :
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Pradaxa * :
Severity of Fatigue when taking Pradaxa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (684 people, 93.83%)
- Hypertension (300 people, 41.15%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (173 people, 23.73%)
- Hypothyroidism (86 people, 11.80%)
- Prophylaxis (71 people, 9.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (148 people, 20.30%)
- Lisinopril (89 people, 12.21%)
- Digoxin (64 people, 8.78%)
- Synthroid (63 people, 8.64%)
- Simvastatin (58 people, 7.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Pradaxa, Fatigue
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Pradaxa (dabigatran etexilate mesylate) is often used for atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below the conditions Pradaxa is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Pradaxa used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Pradaxa side effects from A to Z:
Browse Pradaxa drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (11 months ago):
Hospitalized in afib. Cardiac doctors are pointing to enlarged thyroid as problem; endocrinologist is not as sure. Medicines are all new except for lipitor.
From this study (1 year ago):
Have been subjected to hot weather
From this study (1 year ago):
Not all of the outcomes a
had dropdowns I hope I filled it out right,
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What causes low oxygen blood level
Since retiring I have been experiencing the above conditions. It seems to be progressive. My physician monitored my oxygen level for a night's duration and the level was as far down as a 69 level.
- What is the best medication for pcos with low bp
I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 15. I was put on glucaphage and birth control to help maintain my periods. Within 3 years I stopped having a period all together. In february 2006, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and that May it was removed (benign). For 6 years no period, then in August I fo ...
- Is taking rythmol and cialis dangerous
Are there contraindications or dangers in adding cialis to the other 4 medications
More questions for: Pradaxa, Fatigue
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
More reviews for: Pradaxa, Fatigue
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Pradaxa, Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lipitor, Methimazole for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Atrial Fibrillation, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Nausea, Dizziness, Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Stomach Upset (Nausea and vomiting), Gerd (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Poison Ivy Itchiness, Lethargy (Fatigue), Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Pradaxa, Digoxin for a patient with Heart Rate Abnormal. The patient has Lethargy (Fatigue)
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Carvedilol, Lisinopril, Pravastatin Sodium, Omeprazole, Spiriva, Pradaxa, Nitrofurantoin Macrocrystalline for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Triglycerides, Blood Pressure Management, Acid Reflux, Copd, Urinary Tract Infection - Chronic Or Recurrent. The patient has Vaginal Swelling, Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Lethargy (Fatigue), Fatigue, Fluid Retention, Weight Increased
More related studies for: Pradaxa, Fatigue
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.