Review: could Pradaxa cause Haemorrhoids?
Summary: Haemorrhoids is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 27,028 people who have side effects while taking Pradaxa from FDA and social media. Among them, 128 have Haemorrhoids. Find out below who they are, when they have Haemorrhoids and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Haemorrhoids >>>
Pradaxa has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Pradaxa 27,257 users)
Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, acne, osteopenia, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Haemorrhoids 11,563 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 27,026 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa. Among them, 128 people (0.47%) have Haemorrhoids.
Time on Pradaxa when people have Haemorrhoids * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Haemorrhoids when taking Pradaxa * :
Age of people who have Haemorrhoids when taking Pradaxa * :
Severity of Haemorrhoids when taking Pradaxa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Haemorrhoids ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (121 people, 94.53%)
- Hypertension (41 people, 32.03%)
- Arrhythmia (16 people, 12.50%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 10.94%)
- Cerebrovascular accident prophylaxis (14 people, 10.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (24 people, 18.75%)
- Vitamin d (22 people, 17.19%)
- Lisinopril (18 people, 14.06%)
- Synthroid (16 people, 12.50%)
- Prilosec (12 people, 9.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Haemorrhoids while taking Pradaxa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Haemorrhoids
- support group for people who take Pradaxa
- support group for people who have Haemorrhoids
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does pradaxa cause joint pain?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Aching Joints, and takes Pradaxa)
joint pain--shoulders,forearms ,wrists,fingers----since heart valve operation last August pain at night in the afore mentioned joints. have been to;\ld heart drugs--blood thinners can cause this discomfort.Is this true??
- Can pradaxa cause mds?
(Asked by a 79 year old man who has MDS, and takes Pradaxa)
I want to know if taking Pradaxa can cause MDS; and if so, would stopping taking Pradaxa cause the MDS to go away or would I need to take treatments to help the MDS anyway?
- Is taking rythmol and cialis dangerous
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Heart Arithymiya, Enlarged Prostate, and takes Cialis, Finasteride, Rythmol, Pradaxa, Metformin)
Are there contraindications or dangers in adding cialis to the other 4 medications
- How soon will i know that my blood is thin enough for a cardio version
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Irregular Heartbeat, and takes Pradaxa, Sotalol)
i have been on Sotalol now am on Pradaxa have had 2 cardioversion before and only lasted a short time How will i know when blood is thin enough
- I am taking pradaxa due to af but now fell dizzy after taking it for 7 weeks will dizziness stop whilst still taking pradaxa ?
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Arterial Disorder, and takes Pradaxa)
More questions for: Pradaxa, Haemorrhoids
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morning, would have had an episode at all? I wonder if there isn't a connection, one that I might be able to control to some extent. This is worth trying!
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chest Pain, Stomach Pain, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this way before.
More reviews for: Pradaxa, Haemorrhoids
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- i am still taking pradaxa. i didnt experience any real hair loss until just recently. i have been taking pradaxa since May.i have two visably balding spots in the front and my usually thick hair is starting to feel thinner.
- My Dad was on allpurinol for gout for years. He was put on Pradaxa 2-5 years ago.
He has had excruciating swelling and inflammation in feet. It starts about 6 p.m. at night. It affects his sleep. Doctors have given him hydrocodone for the pain.
I believe it is gout. He stopped taking it about ...
- My husband Brian developed Pancreatic Cancer after being on Pradaxa for two years for Atrial Fibrillation.
He had to have the classic Whipple surgery to remove most of his pancreas, all of his gall bladder, duodenum and the pyloric valve of his stomach. He now faces weeks of chemotherapy.
More related studies for: Pradaxa, Haemorrhoids
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.