Home > Pradaxa > Hair loss > Pradaxa and Hair loss
Review: could Pradaxa cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 27,026 people who have side effects while taking Pradaxa from FDA and social media. Among them, 181 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Hair loss >>>
Pradaxa (latest outcomes from 27,254 users) has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,504 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 27,024 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa. Among them, 181 people (0.67%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Pradaxa when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||30.00%||55.00%||5.00%||7.50%||2.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Pradaxa * :
|Hair loss||84.88%||15.12% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Pradaxa * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.66%||0.00%||0.66%||4.64%||94.04% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Pradaxa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (150 people, 82.87%)
- Hypertension (77 people, 42.54%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (37 people, 20.44%)
- Hypothyroidism (31 people, 17.13%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (19 people, 10.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (34 people, 18.78%)
- Fish oil (24 people, 13.26%)
- Digoxin (24 people, 13.26%)
- Lasix (24 people, 13.26%)
- Synthroid (19 people, 10.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Pradaxa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Pradaxa
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now i've stopped using it, but i lost hair in frontal region and i want to regrow it.
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Fluticasone Propionate)
What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking Fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now I've stopped using it, but I lost hair in frontal region and I want to regrow it.
- Does pradaxa cause joint pain?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Aching Joints, and takes Pradaxa)
joint pain--shoulders,forearms ,wrists,fingers----since heart valve operation last August pain at night in the afore mentioned joints. have been to;\ld heart drugs--blood thinners can cause this discomfort.Is this true??
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking xanax. i understand it has caused my hair loss. i once had very thick hair. now i'm almost bald. i'm stopping the xanax. now what??
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Loss Of Hair, and takes Xanax)
How can I get my hair to grow back if I stop xanax
- Can pradaxa cause mds?
(Asked by a 79 year old man who has MDS, and takes Pradaxa)
I want to know if taking Pradaxa can cause MDS; and if so, would stopping taking Pradaxa cause the MDS to go away or would I need to take treatments to help the MDS anyway?
More questions for: Pradaxa, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this dru ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Hair Loss, Depression, and takes Losartan Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate)
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
More reviews for: Pradaxa, Hair loss
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
Comments: Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Zomig, Zanaflex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Topamax, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Armour Thyroid for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Pain Management, Complicated Migraine, Muscle Spasms, Hypertension, Migraine Prophylaxis, Stress And Anxiety, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Hair Loss, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia - Hemolytic, Rash Macular, Weight Decreased, Abdominal Distension, Fecal Incontinence, Bile Duct Pressure Increased, Muscle Aches, Muscle Twitching, Numbness And Tingling, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Tachycardia Irregular, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Abdominal Neoplasm, Bone And Joint Pain, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine
Comments: Have constant pain in knees, feet, toes, hands, arms, neck and back. Cannot sleep because I wake up constantly with shooting pain in neck, feet, knees, including tingles and numbness. Left side is worse; includes some drooling and paralysis at times. History of colitis and recent IPIN neiplasms f ...
- A study of drug interactions between Altace, Tricor, Coreg, Pradaxa, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Lipitor, Lasix, Omeprazole, Lantus for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Thinner, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Acid Reflux, Diabetic Complication. The patient has Zithromax
Comments: I have had bypass surgery twice. Triple in 1984, quadruple in 2009. After the 2009 bypass, I developed atrial fibrillation, low pulse rate and diabetes. On Jan 4th, I saw my doctor for flu symptoms. He prescribed a Z-Pack which I took from Jan 5 - 9, 2013. On Feb 19, 2013 I collapsed in a grocer ...
- A study of drug interactions between Mirapex, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Cholestyramine, Ramipril, Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression, Ibs, Hypertension, Cholesterol. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: The neurologists tell me I have severe sleep apnea, Restless Leg Syndrome. I also have a tendency for depression. As for the RLS, I have never been quite sure, because of all the symptoms I have read are not like what I suffer from.
What happens is this, when I lie down for a nap or sleep for the n ...
More related studies for: Pradaxa, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.