Pradaxa and Nausea - from FDA reports
Nausea is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Nausea with Pradaxa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 56,540 people who have side effects when taking Pradaxa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
56,540 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa.
Among them, 1,366 people (2.42%) have Nausea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Pradaxa when people have Nausea *:
- < 1 month: 57.63 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.07 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.61 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.64 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.05 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Pradaxa *:
- female: 62.05 %
- male: 37.95 %
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Pradaxa *:
- 0-1: 0.09 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.27 %
- 20-29: 0.27 %
- 30-39: 1.44 %
- 40-49: 2.25 %
- 50-59: 6.31 %
- 60+: 89.37 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (302 people, 22.11%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (183 people, 13.40%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (87 people, 6.37%)
- Stroke (85 people, 6.22%)
- Cardiac Disorder (75 people, 5.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (127 people, 9.30%)
- Aspirin (126 people, 9.22%)
- Digoxin (107 people, 7.83%)
- Lisinopril (89 people, 6.52%)
- Lipitor (87 people, 6.37%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (319 people, 23.35%)
- Dizziness (271 people, 19.84%)
- Diarrhea (206 people, 15.08%)
- Indigestion (185 people, 13.54%)
- Headache (182 people, 13.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Nausea when taking Pradaxa?
- Check symptoms - is nausea caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNausea and drugs with ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNausea and Pradaxa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Pradaxa has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Pradaxa 57,251 users)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 473,261 Nausea patients).
Browse all side effects of Pradaxaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with NauseaNausea
Could your condition cause NauseaNausea
What would happen?
Questions to the study
When I walk my dog my thighs get burning and icy stabbing pain beginning between one and four miles. This hasn't improved in six months of walking five miles each morning and one to two miles in the evening. is this from Pradaxa and what can I do about it?
Am a 74 year old man and have been taking Pradaxa for 5 months. Am experiencing severe stomach/ intestinal spasms from time to time, especially after meals. Sudden unexpected sounds can also set them off. There is very little pain involved, just involuntary spams. Very annoying as they are ...
User reviews to the study
85 y/o Mom taking Pradaxa since Feb. Dark blood in stool. Doing endoscopy tomorrow they think an ulcer. She also takes Digoxin and Lasix. She has never had an ulcer. I feel it is due to Pradaxa. Any others???
Hi, how many are you? What is your experience? What kind of symptoms did you get from taking both pills together and why and how you did connect them to Pradaxa and not to something else? AND why there is not 1 bit of confirmation of this fact in any part of the internet? Please, if you ...