Pradaxa and Nosebleed - from FDA reports
Nosebleed is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Nosebleed with Pradaxa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 56,540 people who have side effects when taking Pradaxa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
56,540 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa.
Among them, 1,105 people (1.95%) have Nosebleed
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Pradaxa when people have Nosebleed *:
- < 1 month: 38.68 %
- 1 - 6 months: 36.9 %
- 6 - 12 months: 13.23 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.12 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.56 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.51 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nosebleed when taking Pradaxa *:
- female: 50.74 %
- male: 49.26 %
Age of people who have Nosebleed when taking Pradaxa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.12 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.12 %
- 30-39: 0.24 %
- 40-49: 0.72 %
- 50-59: 5.92 %
- 60+: 92.75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (179 people, 16.20%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (109 people, 9.86%)
- Stroke (108 people, 9.77%)
- Anticoagulant Therapy (86 people, 7.78%)
- Preventive Health Care (47 people, 4.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (149 people, 13.48%)
- Lasix (135 people, 12.22%)
- Lisinopril (87 people, 7.87%)
- Lipitor (86 people, 7.78%)
- Furosemide (70 people, 6.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (192 people, 17.38%)
- Anaemia (104 people, 9.41%)
- Rectal Haemorrhage (101 people, 9.14%)
- Renal Failure Acute (82 people, 7.42%)
- Head Injury (80 people, 7.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Nosebleed when taking Pradaxa?
- Check symptoms - is nosebleed caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNosebleed and drugs with ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNosebleed and Pradaxa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Pradaxa has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Pradaxa 57,251 users)
Nosebleed (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, thrombosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 45,741 Nosebleed patients).
Browse all side effects of Pradaxaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with NosebleedNosebleed
Could your condition cause NosebleedNosebleed
What would happen?
Questions to the study
When I walk my dog my thighs get burning and icy stabbing pain beginning between one and four miles. This hasn't improved in six months of walking five miles each morning and one to two miles in the evening. is this from Pradaxa and what can I do about it?
I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
Am a 74 year old man and have been taking Pradaxa for 5 months. Am experiencing severe stomach/ intestinal spasms from time to time, especially after meals. Sudden unexpected sounds can also set them off. There is very little pain involved, just involuntary spams. Very annoying as they are ...
User reviews to the study
85 y/o Mom taking Pradaxa since Feb. Dark blood in stool. Doing endoscopy tomorrow they think an ulcer. She also takes Digoxin and Lasix. She has never had an ulcer. I feel it is due to Pradaxa. Any others???
Hi, how many are you? What is your experience? What kind of symptoms did you get from taking both pills together and why and how you did connect them to Pradaxa and not to something else? AND why there is not 1 bit of confirmation of this fact in any part of the internet? Please, if you ...