Review: could Pradaxa cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 27,028 people who have side effects while taking Pradaxa from FDA and social media. Among them, 496 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Skin rash >>>
Pradaxa has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Pradaxa 27,257 users)
Skin rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Skin rash 145,684 patients)
On Dec, 15, 2014: 27,028 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa. Among them, 496 people (1.84%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Pradaxa when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||60.40%||33.17%||4.95%||1.49%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Pradaxa * :
|Skin rash||57.56%||42.44% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Pradaxa * :
|Skin rash||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.19%||0.19%||0.58%||6.42%||92.61% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Pradaxa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (418 people, 84.27%)
- Hypertension (175 people, 35.28%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (102 people, 20.56%)
- Prophylaxis (72 people, 14.52%)
- Diabetes mellitus (65 people, 13.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (69 people, 13.91%)
- Digoxin (65 people, 13.10%)
- Synthroid (57 people, 11.49%)
- Simvastatin (51 people, 10.28%)
- Lisinopril (51 people, 10.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Sharon (2 years ago):
Has the skin rash/redness continued during the past three weeks? Is your Mother taking Niacin also?
Reply the comment
DRAGA ENGHELBERG (3 years ago):
MY MOTHER LIVES IN ISRAEL AND IS TAKING PRADAXA 2 X 110 MG. (DRAGA ENGHELBERG)
HE IS EXPERIENCING SKIN RUSH, ON THE LEGS, HANDS, FOOTS.
THE SKIN IS REDISH IN THESE AREAS
TO CONTINUE TREATMENT OR TO TAKE ANOTHER MEDICAMENTATION FOR COMBATING THE SKIN RUSH???
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Pradaxa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Pradaxa
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long does redness last after picato?
After 3 and a half weeks, I still have a huge red splotch on my face where I applied picato gel according to directions from my dermatologist. I'm very worried that it will be permanent. I had a huge water filled blister the morning after my first application of the gel. I used it two more times as directed. After a week, some of the redness was going away but I've seen no more improvement in the past two weeks. I'm still scaley, rough and red.
Has anyone else experience this? I went by the doctors office the first morning and was told it was as expected. I've called back and been told not to worry. I see the dr in two more weeks, but for now, I'm quite upset that permanent damage has been done. I was not warned at all that this could happen. The photos in the medication packaging led me to believe that in 3 weeks, all redness would be gone. Info needed for sure. Please let me know. Thanks
- I used coartem and developed redish all over my body. can coartem cause rashes
i developed rashes which is itching me after using coartem for three days. also having sensation in my mouth and blister at the angle of my lips. could it be a side effect from coartem?
- Does pradaxa cause joint pain?
joint pain--shoulders,forearms ,wrists,fingers----since heart valve operation last August pain at night in the afore mentioned joints. have been to;\ld heart drugs--blood thinners can cause this discomfort.Is this true??
- Does ginger treats skin rashes?
i have skin rashes and i treated it with ginger is it right to treat to treat skin rashes with ginger?
- Can pradaxa cause mds?
I want to know if taking Pradaxa can cause MDS; and if so, would stopping taking Pradaxa cause the MDS to go away or would I need to take treatments to help the MDS anyway?
More questions for: Pradaxa, Skin rash
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have eaten regularly aside from kale. Friday morning, my entire body was covered in the same rash that appeared Tuesday. I went to the ER. The doc said it was some type of allergic reaction. The ONLY thing I did/consumed different was the kale. I can't find much about it's reactions, though.
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morning, would have had an episode at all? I wonder if there isn't a connection, one that I might be able to control to some extent. This is worth trying!
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this way before.
- Skin rash in diclofenac potassium
After a car accident in 2011 I took Diclofenac for back & shoulder off and on for about a year. During that time I developed random spots usually on my arms and legs that itch severely and sometimes get infected. I still suffer from the itchy spots and I am DESPERATE for a cure for my agony. I haven't taken the medicine for over a year but the itchy spots still come and go.
More reviews for: Pradaxa, Skin rash
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- not itchy. appears on stomach, sides, back, chest & hips. noticed after a painful bowel movement due to anal fissure. also ate random selection of food at buffer a couple hours prior. very light red. ability to "write on skin" (noticed when itching occured). not sure if itching was due to anxiety of ...
- had a procedure to melt and remove fat from abdomen ... used versed IV as anaesthesia, wasn't very effective, had a lot of pain and memory of procedure. Rash developed on my face around mouth, nose, and eyes ... getting worse over past 18 months.
- My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- I have what seems like a very moderate to severe reaction to the antibiotic Avelox. My doctor said the reaction is called "Red Man Syndrome". All I know is my skin turns red, is tender to the touch and my heart races. It was a very scary reaction.
More related studies for: Pradaxa, Skin rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.