Review: could Pradaxa cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 27,038 people who have side effects while taking Pradaxa from FDA and social media. Among them, 496 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Skin rash >>>
Pradaxa has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 27,267 Pradaxa users)
Skin rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 146,526 Skin rash patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 27,038 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa. Among them, 496 people (1.83%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Pradaxa when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||60.40%||33.17%||4.95%||1.49%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Pradaxa * :
|Skin rash||57.56%||42.44% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Pradaxa * :
|Skin rash||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.19%||0.19%||0.58%||6.42%||92.61% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Pradaxa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (418 people, 84.27%)
- Hypertension (175 people, 35.28%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (102 people, 20.56%)
- Prophylaxis (72 people, 14.52%)
- Diabetes mellitus (65 people, 13.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (69 people, 13.91%)
- Digoxin (65 people, 13.10%)
- Synthroid (57 people, 11.49%)
- Simvastatin (51 people, 10.28%)
- Lisinopril (51 people, 10.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Sharon (3 years ago):
Has the skin rash/redness continued during the past three weeks? Is your Mother taking Niacin also?
Reply the comment
DRAGA ENGHELBERG (3 years ago):
MY MOTHER LIVES IN ISRAEL AND IS TAKING PRADAXA 2 X 110 MG. (DRAGA ENGHELBERG)
HE IS EXPERIENCING SKIN RUSH, ON THE LEGS, HANDS, FOOTS.
THE SKIN IS REDISH IN THESE AREAS
TO CONTINUE TREATMENT OR TO TAKE ANOTHER MEDICAMENTATION FOR COMBATING THE SKIN RUSH???
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pradaxa and skin rash on
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Pradaxa?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Pradaxa
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Nuvigil for a 25-year old woman with Noni, Narcolepsy. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Rash
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Terbinafine Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman with Toenail Fungus. The patient has Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Progesterone, Fish Oil, Baby Aspirin, Lipitor, Diovan, Atenolol, Plavix for a 64-year old man with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Heart Attack, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Rate Decreased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Abnormal, Heart Mri. The patient has Skin Rash
Recent Pradaxa related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.