Home > Pradaxa > Varicose vein > Pradaxa and Varicose vein
Review: could Pradaxa cause Varicose vein?
Summary: Varicose vein is found among people who take Pradaxa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 27,026 people who have side effects while taking Pradaxa from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Varicose vein. Find out below who they are, when they have Varicose vein and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Varicose vein >>>
Pradaxa (latest outcomes from 27,254 users) has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Varicose vein (veins that have become enlarged and tortuous) (latest reports from 17,815 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, birth control, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 27,024 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa. Among them, 15 people (0.06%) have Varicose Vein.
Time on Pradaxa when people have Varicose vein * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Varicose vein||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Varicose vein when taking Pradaxa * :
|Varicose vein||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Varicose vein when taking Pradaxa * :
|Varicose vein||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Varicose vein when taking Pradaxa ** :
How people recovered from Varicose vein ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 33.33%)
- Dyspnoea (5 people, 33.33%)
- Heart rate (4 people, 26.67%)
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 26.67%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (7 people, 46.67%)
- Evista (5 people, 33.33%)
- A + d ointment (5 people, 33.33%)
- Forteo (5 people, 33.33%)
- Calcium carbonate (3 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Varicose Vein while taking Pradaxa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pradaxa and have Varicose Vein
- support group for people who take Pradaxa
- support group for people who have Varicose Vein
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does pradaxa cause joint pain?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Aching Joints, and takes Pradaxa)
joint pain--shoulders,forearms ,wrists,fingers----since heart valve operation last August pain at night in the afore mentioned joints. have been to;\ld heart drugs--blood thinners can cause this discomfort.Is this true??
- Can pradaxa cause mds?
(Asked by a 79 year old man who has MDS, and takes Pradaxa)
I want to know if taking Pradaxa can cause MDS; and if so, would stopping taking Pradaxa cause the MDS to go away or would I need to take treatments to help the MDS anyway?
- Is taking rythmol and cialis dangerous
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Heart Arithymiya, Enlarged Prostate, and takes Cialis, Finasteride, Rythmol, Pradaxa, Metformin)
Are there contraindications or dangers in adding cialis to the other 4 medications
- How soon will i know that my blood is thin enough for a cardio version
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Irregular Heartbeat, and takes Pradaxa, Sotalol)
i have been on Sotalol now am on Pradaxa have had 2 cardioversion before and only lasted a short time How will i know when blood is thin enough
- Could taking augmenting for infection in one ankle have caused phlebitis in vein in the other ankle?
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Varicose Vein)
Started taking augmentin on Monday for infection in my right ankle (got a cut while wading in a river)...on Tuesday evening I noticed a hardened "nodule" on a prominent vein in my left ankle. I have been largely lying down with my feet up since late Monday--usually I am on my feet and moving around ...
More questions for: Pradaxa, Varicose vein
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chest Pain, Stomach Pain, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
More reviews for: Pradaxa, Varicose vein
- A study of drug interactions between Altace, Tricor, Coreg, Pradaxa, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Lipitor, Lasix, Omeprazole, Lantus for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Thinner, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Acid Reflux, Diabetic Complication. The patient has Zithromax
Comments: I have had bypass surgery twice. Triple in 1984, quadruple in 2009. After the 2009 bypass, I developed atrial fibrillation, low pulse rate and diabetes. On Jan 4th, I saw my doctor for flu symptoms. He prescribed a Z-Pack which I took from Jan 5 - 9, 2013. On Feb 19, 2013 I collapsed in a grocer ...
More related studies for: Pradaxa, Varicose vein
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (1 hour ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (6 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (1 hour ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (6 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (20 minutes ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (1 hour ago)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (2 hours ago)