Review: could Pradaxa cause Vertigo?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 28, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 23,694 people who take Pradaxa. Among them, 1,140 have Vertigo. See who they are, when they have Vertigo and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Pradaxa (latest outcomes from 27,219 users) has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter, blood clots. Commonly reported side effects of Pradaxa include gastrointestinal haemorrhage, indigestion, dyspepsia aggravated, dizziness, dizziness aggravated.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,263,696 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Feb, 24, 2014: 23,676 people reported to have side effects when taking Pradaxa. Among them, 1,140 people (4.82%) have Vertigo.
Time on Pradaxa when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Pradaxa * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Pradaxa * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Pradaxa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (1,047 people, 91.84%)
- Hypertension (490 people, 42.98%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (288 people, 25.26%)
- Prophylaxis (123 people, 10.79%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (110 people, 9.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (226 people, 19.82%)
- Lisinopril (155 people, 13.60%)
- Simvastatin (124 people, 10.88%)
- Digoxin (111 people, 9.74%)
- Vitamin d (101 people, 8.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Pradaxa, Vertigo
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Pradaxa (dabigatran etexilate mesylate) is often used for atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below the conditions Pradaxa is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Pradaxa used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Pradaxa side effects from A to Z:
Browse Pradaxa drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
The vertigo is agravated by not being able to use deconjestants. Cold air and increased pollin makes the dizzyness worse.
From this study (11 months ago):
Hospitalized in afib. Cardiac doctors are pointing to enlarged thyroid as problem; endocrinologist is not as sure. Medicines are all new except for lipitor.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Pradaxa, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Pradaxa, Vertigo
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrodiuril, Reclast, Psyllium Husk, Multivitamin, Calcium-D Glucarate, Aspirin, Naproxen, Lisinopril, Prilosec, Pradaxa for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Osteoporosis, Constipation, Health, Atrial Flutter, Arthritis, Acid Reflux. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy (Dizziness), Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Device Blockage
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Antivert, Singulair, Primidone, Provigil, Cymbalta, Metoprolol Tartrate, Synthroid, Pradaxa, Tikosyn for a patient with Vertigo-associated Disorders, Vertigo, Allergenic Desensitisation Procedure, Tremor - Familial, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Depression, Hypotension, Hypothyroidism, Acquired Afibrinogenaemia. The patient has Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Lightheadedness - Dizzy (Dizziness), Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, Weight Increased, Allergen Nos Skin Test Negative
- A study of drug interactions between Pradaxa, Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lipitor, Methimazole for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Atrial Fibrillation, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Nausea, Dizziness, Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Stomach Upset (Nausea and vomiting), Gerd (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Poison Ivy Itchiness, Lethargy (Fatigue), Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Fatigue
More related studies for: Pradaxa, Vertigo
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.