Review: could Pravachol cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Pravachol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 16,427 people who have side effects while taking Pravachol from FDA and social media. Among them, 241 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravachol and have Vision blurred >>>
Pravachol has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 16,690 Pravachol users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 48,524 Vision blurred patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 16,427 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravachol. Among them, 241 people (1.47%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Pravachol when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||40.91%||22.73%||13.64%||0.00%||9.09%||9.09%||4.55% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Pravachol * :
|Vision blurred||49.01%||50.99% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Pravachol * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.28%||10.50%||24.66%||62.56% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Pravachol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (30 people, 12.45%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 6.64%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 4.98%)
- Multiple myeloma (12 people, 4.98%)
- Procedural pain (10 people, 4.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (71 people, 29.46%)
- Neurontin (33 people, 13.69%)
- Celebrex (33 people, 13.69%)
- Lasix (32 people, 13.28%)
- Lyrica (30 people, 12.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Pravachol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravachol and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Pravachol
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prempro, Omeprazole Magnesium, Pravastatin Sodium, Benazepril Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman with Anorgasmia, Gerd, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Hydroxyzine, Pravastatin Sodium, Dapsone, Stribild for a 43-year old woman with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Itching, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Opportunistic Infection, Hiv. The patient has Lumbar Pain, Impaired Memory, Chills, Cold Intolerance
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Selective Deficiency Of Iga, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 65-year old man with Blood Clots, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pantoprazole, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Topiramate for a 45-year old woman with Back Pain, Health, High Blood Pressure, Stomach Acid, Total Cholesterol, Seizures. The patient has Vertigo-associated Disorders, Aural Fullness, Eye Twitch, Chills, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Fatigue, Lump In The Neck, Restlessness, Weakness, Body Numbness, Confusion, Pressure Sore, Ringing In The Ears, Dizzy
Recent Pravachol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.