Review: could Pravachol cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Pravachol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 16,428 people who have side effects while taking Pravachol from FDA and social media. Among them, 241 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravachol and have Vision blurred >>>
Pravachol has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 16,691 Pravachol users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 48,528 Vision blurred patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 16,427 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravachol. Among them, 241 people (1.47%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Pravachol when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||40.91%||22.73%||13.64%||0.00%||9.09%||9.09%||4.55% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Pravachol * :
|Vision blurred||49.01%||50.99% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Pravachol * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.28%||10.50%||24.66%||62.56% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Pravachol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (30 people, 12.45%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 6.64%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 4.98%)
- Multiple myeloma (12 people, 4.98%)
- Procedural pain (10 people, 4.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (71 people, 29.46%)
- Neurontin (33 people, 13.69%)
- Celebrex (33 people, 13.69%)
- Lasix (32 people, 13.28%)
- Lyrica (30 people, 12.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pravachol and vision blurred on
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Pravachol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravachol and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Pravachol
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Bloating
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Ezetimibe, Pravastatin Sodium, Lansoprazole, Amlodipine for a 71-year old man with Prostatic Pain, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypercholesterolaemia, Reflux Oesophagitis, Hypertension - Essential. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 35-year old woman with Endometrioma. The patient has Withdrawal From Opioids, Bladder Discomfort, Vision Blurred, Vision - Light Sensitive, Insomnia, Dehydration, Decreased Appetite, Skin Burning Sensation, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Muscle Spasms
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a 59-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Facial Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Pravachol, Humalog, Ambien, Lamictal, Lisinopril for a 39-year old man with Hyperlipidaemia, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned), Bipolar Ii Disorder, Microalbuminuria.
Recent Pravachol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovastatin, Pravastatin Sodium, Crestor for a 66-year old man who has Calcification
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old man who has Cholesterol
- Comparions of Milk Thistle, Pravastatin Sodium for a 56-year old man who has Lowers Levels Of Cholesterol
- Comparions of Pravachol, Captopril, Ramipril for a 57-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.