Review: could Pravachol cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Pravachol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 16,425 people who have side effects while taking Pravachol from FDA and social media. Among them, 241 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pravachol and have Vision blurred >>>
Pravachol has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Pravachol 16,687 users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Vision blurred 48,523 patients)
On Nov, 22, 2014: 16,424 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravachol. Among them, 241 people (1.47%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Pravachol when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||40.91%||22.73%||13.64%||0.00%||9.09%||9.09%||4.55% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Pravachol * :
|Vision blurred||49.01%||50.99% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Pravachol * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.28%||10.50%||24.66%||62.56% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Pravachol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (30 people, 12.45%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 6.64%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 4.98%)
- Multiple myeloma (12 people, 4.98%)
- Procedural pain (10 people, 4.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (71 people, 29.46%)
- Neurontin (33 people, 13.69%)
- Celebrex (33 people, 13.69%)
- Lasix (32 people, 13.28%)
- Lyrica (30 people, 12.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Pravachol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pravachol and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Pravachol
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is pravastatin na is also used for lower mcholesterol?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Rectile Disfunction, and takes Pravastatin Sodium)
need to know ,as i read a study that patients 60+ years old with Pravastatin sodiun, Impotence is Found
- Has anyone had side affects and/or drug interactions from xarelto and prevastatin?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has High Cholesterol And Blood Clots, and takes Pravastatin, Xarelto)
I currently take xarelto after a bout of multiple blood clots in both lungs...I have just been diagnosed with high cholesterol and dr wants me to take prevastatin and I'm concerned about side affects and/or drug interactions
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Initial Insomnia, and takes Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Aspirin, Brilinta, Omeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Tekturna)
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
(Asked by a 96 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Paxil, Lasix, Pravastatin Sodium, Aspirin, Metoprolol Tartrate)
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair (1 answer)
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
More questions for: Pravachol, Vision blurred
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Ideopathic Hypersomnia, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Prilosec, Tamsulosin, Acyclovir)
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
- Pravistatin -- rapid and irregular heart beat
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Rapid And Irregular Heart Beat, and takes Pravastatin Sodium)
PCP prescribed 20mg Pravastatin daily to lower overall cholesteral from 232. I was 65 years of age at the time. It worked, but then I stopped exercising for a period of about 4 months and the cholesteral rose, so he increased the Pravistatin to 40mg. In about a week I experienced sudden rapid and ...
- Personal review of pravastatin with respect to erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Pravastatin Sodium)
I took pravastatin and experienced ED. After gettiny off pravastatin and taking magnesiam, zinc and cialis, I was able to restore some functionality of an erection. Additional, I dieted and drank green tea. At this point, I have lost ten pounds and project to lose 20-30 more.
- Blurred vision after ipratropium bromide
(Posted by a 79 year old woman who has Vision Blurred, and takes Ipratropium Bromide)
blurred vision after one day use I take only herbal supplements none known for invasive reactions
More reviews for: Pravachol, Vision blurred
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Peripheral Neuropathy Aggravated (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
Comments: I have been on Pravastatin for 10+ years and have suffered from peripheral neuropathy for 10+ years. It recently got much worse when I took a particular antibiotic for a sinus infection, progressing from my feet - ankles to my feet - just above my knees.
- A study of side effects of Ortho-novum 1/35-21 for a patient with Infertility Female. The patient has Vision Blurred, Pain - Joints, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: Ortho-Novum is being taken to suppress ovulation in preparation for IVF. After 7 consecutive weeks, joint swelling and pain is substantial as are enlarged breasts and breast pain. x1 blurred vision lasting approx 45 minutes followed by severe migraine 4 weeks in. x1 pain from shoulder through hand l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of drug interactions between Parafon Forte Dsc, Skelaxin, Cialis for a patient with Pain - Back, Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Vision Blurred
Comments: These three drugs have been discontinued abruptly I am experiencing blurred vision and moderate headaches. Could these be the cause. MRI and CT Scan of brain are normal and opthamologist can find nothing wrong.
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin for a patient with Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Total Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Hypersensitivity
Comments: I just recently started taking Lyrica however, as soon as I started metformin my feet began to swell and I can feel swelling in my joints, I am not able to wear regular shoes I wear the Vibram 5 finger toes shoes and I am not able to tolerate any type of socks. I have to sleep with flip flops and m ...
More related studies for: Pravachol, Vision blurred
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.