Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Blood glucose increased?
Summary: Blood glucose increased is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have High blood pressure.
We study 8,506 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 136 have Blood glucose increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood glucose increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Blood glucose increased >>>
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,325 Pravastatin sodium users)
Blood glucose increased
Blood glucose increased has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 65,117 Blood glucose increased patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 8,498 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 136 people (1.60%) have Blood Glucose Increased.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Blood glucose increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood glucose increased||0.00%||30.00%||20.00%||10.00%||20.00%||10.00%||10.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Blood glucose increased||53.60%||46.40% |
Age of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Blood glucose increased||0.92%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.75%||12.84%||20.18%||63.30% |
Severity of Blood glucose increased when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood glucose increased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood glucose increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood glucose increased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (28 people, 20.59%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (20 people, 14.71%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (18 people, 13.24%)
- Diabetes mellitus (15 people, 11.03%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (9 people, 6.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (28 people, 20.59%)
- Aspirin (27 people, 19.85%)
- Furosemide (19 people, 13.97%)
- Metformin hcl (19 people, 13.97%)
- Digoxin (19 people, 13.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pravastatin sodium and blood glucose increased on
Do you have Blood Glucose Increased while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Blood Glucose Increased
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Blood Glucose Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Zoloft, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 51-year old woman with COPD, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Stroke/periphial Artery Disease.
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old woman with Colestral. The patient has Productive Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, CoQ10, Spiriva, Pravastatin Sodium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Valsartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a 75-year old woman with Deficient In Vit. D In Blood Tests, Health, Asthma, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Prempro, Omeprazole Magnesium, Pravastatin Sodium, Benazepril Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman with Anorgasmia, Gerd, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Hydroxyzine, Pravastatin Sodium, Dapsone, Stribild for a 43-year old woman with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Itching, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Opportunistic Infection, Hiv. The patient has Lumbar Pain, Impaired Memory, Chills, Cold Intolerance
Recent Pravastatin sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovastatin, Pravastatin Sodium, Crestor for a 66-year old man who has Calcification
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old man who has Cholesterol
- Comparions of Milk Thistle, Pravastatin Sodium for a 56-year old man who has Lowers Levels Of Cholesterol
- Comparions of Pravachol, Captopril, Ramipril for a 57-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.