Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Ed (Erection problems)?
Summary: Ed is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Erection problems.
We study 8,506 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Ed. Find out below who they are, when they have Ed and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Ed >>>
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,325 Pravastatin sodium users)
Ed has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 31,491 Ed patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 8,498 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 37 people (0.44%) have Ed.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Ed * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ed when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
Age of people who have Ed when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
Severity of Ed when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Ed ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (9 people, 24.32%)
- High blood cholesterol (7 people, 18.92%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 13.51%)
- Cardiovascular disorder (4 people, 10.81%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (12 people, 32.43%)
- Trospium chloride (6 people, 16.22%)
- Zetia (5 people, 13.51%)
- Viagra (5 people, 13.51%)
- Zocor (4 people, 10.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pravastatin sodium and ed on
Do you have Ed while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Ed
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Ed
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a 59-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Facial Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Pravachol, Humalog, Ambien, Lamictal, Lisinopril for a 39-year old man with Hyperlipidaemia, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned), Bipolar Ii Disorder, Microalbuminuria.
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a 52-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Zetia, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 67-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
Recent Pravastatin sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovastatin, Pravastatin Sodium, Crestor for a 66-year old man who has Calcification
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old man who has Cholesterol
- Comparions of Milk Thistle, Pravastatin Sodium for a 56-year old man who has Lowers Levels Of Cholesterol
- Comparions of Pravachol, Captopril, Ramipril for a 57-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.