Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Erection problems.
We study 8,506 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 43 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,328 Pravastatin sodium users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,224 Erectile dysfunction patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 8,506 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 43 people (0.51%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||5.26%||15.79%||10.53%||21.05%||10.53%||21.05%||15.79% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Erectile dysfunction||4.65%||95.35% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.70%||10.81%||32.43%||54.05% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||9.52%||28.57%||52.38%||9.52% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||12.50%||87.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (9 people, 20.93%)
- High blood cholesterol (7 people, 16.28%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 11.63%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (5 people, 11.63%)
- High blood pressure (4 people, 9.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (12 people, 27.91%)
- Viagra (6 people, 13.95%)
- Atenolol (6 people, 13.95%)
- Trospium chloride (6 people, 13.95%)
- Simvastatin (5 people, 11.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pravastatin sodium and erectile dysfunction on
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Zoloft, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 51-year old woman with COPD, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Stroke/periphial Artery Disease.
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old woman with Colestral. The patient has Productive Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Garlic, Fish Oil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Crestor, Fenofibrate for a 44-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Pravastatin sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovastatin, Pravastatin Sodium, Crestor for a 66-year old man who has Calcification
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old man who has Cholesterol
- Comparions of Milk Thistle, Pravastatin Sodium for a 56-year old man who has Lowers Levels Of Cholesterol
- Comparions of Pravachol, Captopril, Ramipril for a 57-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.