Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Fibromyalgia syndrome (Fibromyalgia)?
Summary: Fibromyalgia syndrome is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Thyroid diseases.
We study 8,506 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Fibromyalgia syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Fibromyalgia syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Fibromyalgia syndrome >>>
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,325 Pravastatin sodium users)
Fibromyalgia syndrome (constant pain in their muscles and soft tissues) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, depression, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 27,040 Fibromyalgia syndrome patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 8,498 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 17 people (0.20%) have Fibromyalgia Syndrome.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Fibromyalgia syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fibromyalgia syndrome||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||16.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Fibromyalgia syndrome when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Fibromyalgia syndrome||88.24%||11.76% |
Age of people who have Fibromyalgia syndrome when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Fibromyalgia syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||30.77%||69.23% |
Severity of Fibromyalgia syndrome when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fibromyalgia syndrome||20.00%||0.00%||60.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Fibromyalgia syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Fibromyalgia syndrome||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Thyroid disorder (6 people, 35.29%)
- Bone disorder (5 people, 29.41%)
- Blood cholesterol (5 people, 29.41%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (3 people, 17.65%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 11.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (7 people, 41.18%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (7 people, 41.18%)
- Zocor (6 people, 35.29%)
- Norvasc (5 people, 29.41%)
- Labetalol hydrochloride (5 people, 29.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pravastatin sodium and fibromyalgia syndrome on
Do you have Fibromyalgia Syndrome while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Fibromyalgia Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a 52-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Zetia, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 67-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Atenolol, Vitamin B12 for a 58-year old woman with Low Egfr, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Oesophagitis Ulcerative, Diverticulitis Intestinal, Fibromyalgia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Zoloft, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 51-year old woman with COPD, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Stroke/periphial Artery Disease.
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old woman with Colestral. The patient has Productive Cough
Recent Pravastatin sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovastatin, Pravastatin Sodium, Crestor for a 66-year old man who has Calcification
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old man who has Cholesterol
- Comparions of Milk Thistle, Pravastatin Sodium for a 56-year old man who has Lowers Levels Of Cholesterol
- Comparions of Pravachol, Captopril, Ramipril for a 57-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.