Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Actos, and have Heart rate increased.
We study 8,506 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 58 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Hair loss >>>
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,325 Pravastatin sodium users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,734 Hair loss patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 8,506 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 58 people (0.68%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||7.14%||7.14%||7.14%||28.57%||14.29%||21.43%||14.29% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Hair loss||77.97%||22.03% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.08%||4.08%||38.78%||53.06% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Heart rate increased (6 people, 10.34%)
- Cholesterol (5 people, 8.62%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 6.90%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (3 people, 5.17%)
- High blood cholesterol (3 people, 5.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Actos (6 people, 10.34%)
- Lasix (6 people, 10.34%)
- Tarka (5 people, 8.62%)
- Tramadol hcl (5 people, 8.62%)
- Lisinopril (5 people, 8.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pravastatin sodium and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Diazepam for a 32-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
Recent Pravastatin sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovastatin, Pravastatin Sodium, Crestor for a 66-year old man who has Calcification
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old man who has Cholesterol
- Comparions of Milk Thistle, Pravastatin Sodium for a 56-year old man who has Lowers Levels Of Cholesterol
- Comparions of Pravachol, Captopril, Ramipril for a 57-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.