Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Joint pain?
Summary: Joint pain is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 8,506 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 237 have Joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Joint pain >>>
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,328 Pravastatin sodium users)
Joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 118,897 Joint pain patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 8,498 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 237 people (2.79%) have Joint Pain.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Joint pain||25.00%||17.86%||21.43%||10.71%||10.71%||14.29%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Joint pain when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Joint pain||62.70%||37.30% |
Age of people who have Joint pain when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.40%||12.09%||23.72%||62.79% |
Severity of Joint pain when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Joint pain||0.00%||12.50%||87.50%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (25 people, 10.55%)
- Hypertension (25 people, 10.55%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (23 people, 9.70%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (22 people, 9.28%)
- Osteoporosis (22 people, 9.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (50 people, 21.10%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (37 people, 15.61%)
- Furosemide (32 people, 13.50%)
- Atenolol (32 people, 13.50%)
- Requip (32 people, 13.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pravastatin sodium and joint pain on
Do you have Joint Pain while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Joint Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Losartan for a 59-year old man with Pain - Joints, Acid Reflux, Blood Pressure. The patient has Acid Reflux, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 22-year old woman with Inflammation. The patient has Weight Below Normal, Joint Pain, Diarrhea, Fatigue - Chronic, Rash Erythematous
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a 59-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Facial Edema
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 48-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Pravachol, Humalog, Ambien, Lamictal, Lisinopril for a 39-year old man with Hyperlipidaemia, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned), Bipolar Ii Disorder, Microalbuminuria.
Recent Pravastatin sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovastatin, Pravastatin Sodium, Crestor for a 66-year old man who has Calcification
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old man who has Cholesterol
- Comparions of Milk Thistle, Pravastatin Sodium for a 56-year old man who has Lowers Levels Of Cholesterol
- Comparions of Pravachol, Captopril, Ramipril for a 57-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.