Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Joint pain?
Summary: Joint pain is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 8,498 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 237 have Joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Joint pain >>>
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,322 Pravastatin sodium users)
Joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 118,887 Joint pain patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 8,493 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 237 people (2.79%) have Joint Pain.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Joint pain||25.00%||17.86%||21.43%||10.71%||10.71%||14.29%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Joint pain when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Joint pain||62.70%||37.30% |
Age of people who have Joint pain when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.40%||12.09%||23.72%||62.79% |
Severity of Joint pain when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Joint pain||0.00%||12.50%||87.50%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (25 people, 10.55%)
- Hypertension (25 people, 10.55%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (23 people, 9.70%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (22 people, 9.28%)
- Osteoporosis (22 people, 9.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (50 people, 21.10%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (37 people, 15.61%)
- Furosemide (32 people, 13.50%)
- Atenolol (32 people, 13.50%)
- Requip (32 people, 13.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pravastatin sodium and joint pain on
Do you have Joint Pain while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Joint Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 65-year old man with Blood Clots, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pantoprazole, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Topiramate for a 45-year old woman with Back Pain, Health, High Blood Pressure, Stomach Acid, Total Cholesterol, Seizures. The patient has Vertigo-associated Disorders, Aural Fullness, Eye Twitch, Chills, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Fatigue, Lump In The Neck, Restlessness, Weakness, Body Numbness, Confusion, Pressure Sore, Ringing In The Ears, Dizzy
- A study of side effects of Vivelle-dot for a 52-year old woman with Hot Flashes. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of side effects of Cytomel for a 75-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain
Recent Pravastatin sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.