Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Memory loss?
Summary: Memory loss is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lansoprazole, and have Depression.
We study 8,506 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 101 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Memory loss >>>
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,325 Pravastatin sodium users)
Memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,451 Memory loss patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 8,498 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 101 people (1.19%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||0.00%||20.00%||4.00%||8.00%||32.00%||32.00%||4.00% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Memory loss||62.24%||37.76% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||2.20%||0.00%||0.00%||3.30%||5.49%||36.26%||52.75% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||15.38%||50.00%||15.38%||19.23% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (13 people, 12.87%)
- High blood cholesterol (10 people, 9.90%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 7.92%)
- Dyspepsia (8 people, 7.92%)
- High blood pressure (8 people, 7.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lansoprazole (16 people, 15.84%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 12.87%)
- Prednisone (8 people, 7.92%)
- Lipitor (8 people, 7.92%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (7 people, 6.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pravastatin sodium and memory loss on
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a 52-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Zetia, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 67-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 42-year old man with Heart Transplant Rejection. The patient has Memory Impairment, Confusion, Light Sensitivity, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Hot And Cold, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
Recent Pravastatin sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovastatin, Pravastatin Sodium, Crestor for a 66-year old man who has Calcification
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old man who has Cholesterol
- Comparions of Milk Thistle, Pravastatin Sodium for a 56-year old man who has Lowers Levels Of Cholesterol
- Comparions of Pravachol, Captopril, Ramipril for a 57-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.