Home > Pravastatin sodium > Memory loss > Pravastatin sodium and Memory loss
Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Memory loss?
Summary: Memory loss is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lansoprazole, and have Depression.
We study 8,460 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 106 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Memory loss >>>
Pravastatin sodium (latest outcomes from 9,277 users) has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Memory loss (latest reports from 469,561 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 8,454 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 100 people (1.18%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||0.00%||20.83%||4.17%||4.17%||33.33%||33.33%||4.17% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Memory loss||61.86%||38.14% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||2.22%||0.00%||0.00%||3.33%||4.44%||36.67%||53.33% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||12.00%||52.00%||16.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (13 people, 13.00%)
- High blood cholesterol (10 people, 10.00%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 8.00%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 8.00%)
- High blood pressure (8 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lansoprazole (16 people, 16.00%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 13.00%)
- Lipitor (8 people, 8.00%)
- Prednisone (8 people, 8.00%)
- Lisinopril (7 people, 7.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone had side affects and/or drug interactions from xarelto and prevastatin?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has High Cholesterol And Blood Clots, and takes Pravastatin, Xarelto)
I currently take xarelto after a bout of multiple blood clots in both lungs...I have just been diagnosed with high cholesterol and dr wants me to take prevastatin and I'm concerned about side affects and/or drug interactions
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Initial Insomnia, and takes Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Aspirin, Brilinta, Omeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Tekturna)
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- What's wrong with me?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Irritable, Forgetfulness, No Focus, Insomnia , Mind Is Always Racing, Indecisive , Can't Complete Tasks, Impatient)
I have always been very impatient about everything. I'm never on time
I can't get anything accomplished around the house I can't concentrate or focus to get the laundry done or the dishes...I walk in circles most days accomplishing nothing!
Paperwork really stresses me! Wheat her it be for my ki ...
- Does one ever get their memory back after discontinueing the tysabri?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Progressive Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis, Bad Depression, Brain "fog" And "focusing", Short-Term Memory Loss)
vesicare 10mg x1 bupropion 150mg x1
lisinopril 5mg as needed bupropion 300mg x1
fluoxetine 20mg x1 alprazolam 0.5mg - bedtime
vigil 250mg x1 melatonin 3mg - bedtime
aubagio 14mg. x1 diphenhydramine 50mg - bedtime
carvedilol 6.25mg x1 ...
More questions for: Pravastatin sodium, Memory loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Ideopathic Hypersomnia, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Prilosec, Tamsulosin, Acyclovir)
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
- Pravistatin -- rapid and irregular heart beat
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Rapid And Irregular Heart Beat, and takes Pravastatin Sodium)
PCP prescribed 20mg Pravastatin daily to lower overall cholesteral from 232. I was 65 years of age at the time. It worked, but then I stopped exercising for a period of about 4 months and the cholesteral rose, so he increased the Pravistatin to 40mg. In about a week I experienced sudden rapid and ...
- Epipen and memory loss
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Sudden Memory Loss, and takes Epipen)
I have been constantly injected with epipen which has caused severe memory loss.
More reviews for: Pravastatin sodium, Memory loss
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B12, Multivitamin, Metformin, Furosemide, Captopril, Carvedilol for a patient with Memory Loss, Low Blood Sugar, Iga Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Diabetes, Hypertension - Essential, Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Memory Loss
Comments: I lost a lot of time during a 9 month period, I can't remember what I said or did. I'm being brought up on charges of writing prescription medications after my Controlled License expired. I forgot to renew it. My husband thinks that I've lost it. I couldn't remember how to do the simplest things. I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Voice Disorders, Spasmodic Dysphonia
Comments: Began experiencing a wavering voice in the fall of 2012 after Lipitor reformulated the 10mg pills (made them much smaller). On July 2nd of 2013 I stopped taking Liptor and my voice improved within a couple of days. Started Crestor July 29th and voice started getting bad August 16th and I began exper ...
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Omega-3 Oil, Cranberry Fruit, Biotin, Multivitamin, Baby Aspirin, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix, Lopressor, Multaq for a patient with Wine And Heart Health, Keep Urinary Tract Healthy, Hair Loss, In Case Of Difiencies, Help Thin Blood For Stent, Lower Cholesterol, Blood Thinner, Acquired Pyloric Stenosis, Birth Control. The patient has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia
Comments: Had chest discomfort. Found blockage and performed a stent procedure. Put on Plavix 75mg once a day, lopressor 12 1/2mg twice a day, Lipitor 80mg once a day. Developed flutter first night in hospital. Meds brought heartrate back to normal. Two weeks later had to have an ablation to stop flutter. Two ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone, Aleve, Glipizide And Metformin Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Baby Aspirin, Ketotifen Fumarate, Modafinil, Metformin, Simvastatin for a patient with Bronchitis Acute, Migraine Prophylaxis, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hyperlipidemia, Preventive Health Care, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hyperglycemia. The patient has Paralytic Gait, Forgetfulness, Slow Response To Stimuli, Word Comprehension, Dizziness, Sleep Attacks, Stuporous, Confusion, Hyperglycaemia, Altered State Of Consciousness
Comments: Vitamin D deficient. High Cholesterol inherited. But while on statin drug I had a pseudo-heart attack, and became weakened and then paralyzed in lower extremities. Later found out father had same severe reaction to statin drugs. My cholesterol is still too high in using just Fish Oil 3-6-9, but don' ...
More related studies for: Pravastatin sodium, Memory loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.