Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Ms (Multiple sclerosis)?
Summary: Ms is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Levothyroxine sodium, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 8,466 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Ms. Find out below who they are, when they have Ms and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Ms >>>
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Pravastatin sodium 9,285 users)
Ms (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) has been reported by people with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Ms 221,573 patients)
On Dec, 19, 2014: 8,466 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 8 people (0.09%) have Ms.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Ms * :
Gender of people who have Ms when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
Age of people who have Ms when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
Severity of Ms when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
How people recovered from Ms ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (3 people, 37.50%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (1 people, 12.50%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (1 people, 12.50%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 12.50%)
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (4 people, 50.00%)
- Metformin hcl (3 people, 37.50%)
- Rebif (3 people, 37.50%)
- Gabapentin (3 people, 37.50%)
- Betaseron (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ms while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Ms
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Ms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my sister take phentermine with multiple sclerosis to lose weight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
I worry she is taking a pill that will affect the nervous system and may not be good for her body.
- Has anyone had side affects and/or drug interactions from xarelto and prevastatin?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has High Cholesterol And Blood Clots, and takes Pravastatin, Xarelto)
I currently take xarelto after a bout of multiple blood clots in both lungs...I have just been diagnosed with high cholesterol and dr wants me to take prevastatin and I'm concerned about side affects and/or drug interactions
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Initial Insomnia, and takes Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Aspirin, Brilinta, Omeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Tekturna)
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
(Asked by a 96 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Paxil, Lasix, Pravastatin Sodium, Aspirin, Metoprolol Tartrate)
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
More questions for: Pravastatin sodium, Ms
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Ideopathic Hypersomnia, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Prilosec, Tamsulosin, Acyclovir)
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
- Pravistatin -- rapid and irregular heart beat
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Rapid And Irregular Heart Beat, and takes Pravastatin Sodium)
PCP prescribed 20mg Pravastatin daily to lower overall cholesteral from 232. I was 65 years of age at the time. It worked, but then I stopped exercising for a period of about 4 months and the cholesteral rose, so he increased the Pravistatin to 40mg. In about a week I experienced sudden rapid and ...
More reviews for: Pravastatin sodium, Ms
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Peripheral Neuropathy Aggravated (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
Comments: I have been on Pravastatin for 10+ years and have suffered from peripheral neuropathy for 10+ years. It recently got much worse when I took a particular antibiotic for a sinus infection, progressing from my feet - ankles to my feet - just above my knees.
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin for a patient with Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Total Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Hypersensitivity
Comments: I just recently started taking Lyrica however, as soon as I started metformin my feet began to swell and I can feel swelling in my joints, I am not able to wear regular shoes I wear the Vibram 5 finger toes shoes and I am not able to tolerate any type of socks. I have to sleep with flip flops and m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Levemir Flexpen, Novolog for a patient with Cholesterol Management, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Every Kind Of Food Tastes Awful
Comments: This is a condition that's been going on for five years. If I were to bite into a piece of cake or candy, it would taste bitter.Anything you can think of that is generally sweet, including fruit, tastes bitter. Meals lack the flavor that they should have.When I eat chicken soup for instance, If I do ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with Asthma, Blood Cholesterol Decreased. The patient has Fainting
Comments: I am vigorous and healthy. My fainting happens when my head moves backward rapidly such as when I lie down in bed too fast. I recover quickly with no additional effects. I am not sure this is caused by my medication.
More related studies for: Pravastatin sodium, Ms
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.