Home > Pravastatin > Myasthenia gravis > Pravastatin and Myasthenia gravis
Review: could Pravastatin cause Myasthenia gravis?
We study 8,454 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Myasthenia gravis. Find out below who they are, when they have Myasthenia gravis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Myasthenia gravis >>>
Pravastatin sodium (latest outcomes from 9,268 users) has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) (latest reports from 8,756 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 23, 2014: 8,440 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 6 people (0.07%) have Myasthenia Gravis.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Myasthenia gravis * :
Gender of people who have Myasthenia gravis when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Myasthenia gravis||40.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who have Myasthenia gravis when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Myasthenia gravis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||40.00% |
Severity of Myasthenia gravis when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
How people recovered from Myasthenia gravis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Myasthenia gravis (2 people, 33.33%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atorvastatin calcium (3 people, 50.00%)
- Sepamit (2 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 33.33%)
- Nitroderm (2 people, 33.33%)
- Warfarin sodium (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Myasthenia Gravis while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Myasthenia Gravis
- group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- group for people who have Myasthenia Gravis
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
No weight problems until started taking the pravastatin and the levothyroxine
, started both meds same time
From this study (1 month ago):
Can this be from the Pravastatin and is it cause for medical emergency.
From this study (1 month ago):
Vyvanse Effect on Aug, 4, 2014:
My teenage son developed myasthenia gravis within three months of taking this medication. This drug is poison and should be taken off the market.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Pravastatin sodium, Myasthenia gravis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
- Pravistatin -- rapid and irregular heart beat
PCP prescribed 20mg Pravastatin daily to lower overall cholesteral from 232. I was 65 years of age at the time. It worked, but then I stopped exercising for a period of about 4 months and the cholesteral rose, so he increased the Pravistatin to 40mg. In about a week I experienced sudden rapid and ...
More reviews for: Pravastatin sodium, Myasthenia gravis
On eHealthMe, Pravastatin Sodium (pravastatin sodium) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Pravastatin Sodium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Pravastatin Sodium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (10 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (10 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (19 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (22 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (35 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- High Blood Glucose Level
- Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia