Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Myasthenia gravis?
Summary: Myasthenia gravis is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, also take medication Atorvastatin calcium, and have Myasthenia gravis.
We study 8,498 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Myasthenia gravis. Find out below who they are, when they have Myasthenia gravis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Myasthenia gravis >>>
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,322 Pravastatin sodium users)
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 2,876 Myasthenia gravis patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 8,493 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 6 people (0.07%) have Myasthenia Gravis.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Myasthenia gravis * :
Gender of people who have Myasthenia gravis when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Myasthenia gravis||40.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who have Myasthenia gravis when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Myasthenia gravis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||40.00% |
Severity of Myasthenia gravis when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
How people recovered from Myasthenia gravis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Myasthenia gravis (2 people, 33.33%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atorvastatin calcium (3 people, 50.00%)
- Sepamit (2 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 33.33%)
- Nitroderm (2 people, 33.33%)
- Warfarin sodium (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pravastatin sodium and myasthenia gravis on
Do you have Myasthenia Gravis while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Myasthenia Gravis
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Myasthenia Gravis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 65-year old man with Blood Clots, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pantoprazole, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Topiramate for a 45-year old woman with Back Pain, Health, High Blood Pressure, Stomach Acid, Total Cholesterol, Seizures. The patient has Vertigo-associated Disorders, Aural Fullness, Eye Twitch, Chills, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Fatigue, Lump In The Neck, Restlessness, Weakness, Body Numbness, Confusion, Pressure Sore, Ringing In The Ears, Dizzy
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Viagra, Vitamin D, Prednisone, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Zolpidem, Vitamin C, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 68-year old man with Tiredness, Ptsd, Erectile Dysfunction, General Physical Condition, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Coronary Artery Disease, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has Tinnitus, Sleep Apnea, Erectile Dysfunction, Elevated Mood, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Depressive Disorder, Ptsd
Recent Pravastatin sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.