Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Nausea and vomiting?
Summary: Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hyperlipidaemia.
We study 8,506 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 187 have Nausea and vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Nausea and vomiting >>>
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,328 Pravastatin sodium users)
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 142,502 Nausea and vomiting patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 8,498 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 187 people (2.20%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||16.67%||0.00%||8.33%||0.00%||33.33%||41.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Nausea and vomiting||53.16%||46.84% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.58%||0.58%||0.00%||0.00%||4.68%||8.19%||23.98%||61.99% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||33.33%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hyperlipidaemia (33 people, 17.65%)
- Hypertension (25 people, 13.37%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (14 people, 7.49%)
- Insomnia (14 people, 7.49%)
- Colon cancer stage iv (13 people, 6.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (49 people, 26.20%)
- Losartan potassium (20 people, 10.70%)
- Zetia (19 people, 10.16%)
- Plavix (19 people, 10.16%)
- Allopurinol (18 people, 9.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pravastatin sodium and nausea and vomiting on
Do you have Nausea And Vomiting while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Nausea And Vomiting
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Nausea And Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Bloating
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Ezetimibe, Pravastatin Sodium, Lansoprazole, Amlodipine for a 71-year old man with Prostatic Pain, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypercholesterolaemia, Reflux Oesophagitis, Hypertension - Essential. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a 59-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Facial Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Pravachol, Humalog, Ambien, Lamictal, Lisinopril for a 39-year old man with Hyperlipidaemia, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned), Bipolar Ii Disorder, Microalbuminuria.
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 34-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Thinking - Unclear, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Tinnitus
Recent Pravastatin sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovastatin, Pravastatin Sodium, Crestor for a 66-year old man who has Calcification
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium for a 68-year old man who has Cholesterol
- Comparions of Milk Thistle, Pravastatin Sodium for a 56-year old man who has Lowers Levels Of Cholesterol
- Comparions of Pravachol, Captopril, Ramipril for a 57-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.