Home > Pravastatin sodium > Rashes > Pravastatin sodium and Rashes
Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Rashes?
Summary: Rashes is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 8,460 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 223 have Rashes. Find out below who they are, when they have Rashes and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Rashes >>>
Pravastatin sodium (latest outcomes from 9,277 users) has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Rashes (redness) (latest reports from 976,061 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 8,454 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 223 people (2.64%) have Rashes.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Rashes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rashes when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
Age of people who have Rashes when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
Severity of Rashes when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rashes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (62 people, 27.80%)
- Diabetes mellitus (39 people, 17.49%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (26 people, 11.66%)
- Dyslipidaemia (24 people, 10.76%)
- Hypothyroidism (21 people, 9.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (64 people, 28.70%)
- Lisinopril (31 people, 13.90%)
- Enalapril maleate (29 people, 13.00%)
- Synthroid (28 people, 12.56%)
- Furosemide (25 people, 11.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rashes while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Rashes
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Rashes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long does redness last after picato?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Skin Redness Or Inflammation, and takes Picato)
After 3 and a half weeks, I still have a huge red splotch on my face where I applied picato gel according to directions from my dermatologist. I'm very worried that it will be permanent. I had a huge water filled blister the morning after my first application of the gel. I used it two more times as ...
- Has anyone had side affects and/or drug interactions from xarelto and prevastatin?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has High Cholesterol And Blood Clots, and takes Pravastatin, Xarelto)
I currently take xarelto after a bout of multiple blood clots in both lungs...I have just been diagnosed with high cholesterol and dr wants me to take prevastatin and I'm concerned about side affects and/or drug interactions
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Initial Insomnia, and takes Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Aspirin, Brilinta, Omeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Tekturna)
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- I used coartem and developed redish all over my body. can coartem cause rashes
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Rashes, and takes Coartem)
i developed rashes which is itching me after using coartem for three days. also having sensation in my mouth and blister at the angle of my lips. could it be a side effect from coartem?
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
(Asked by a 96 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Paxil, Lasix, Pravastatin Sodium, Aspirin, Metoprolol Tartrate)
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
More questions for: Pravastatin sodium, Rashes
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Ideopathic Hypersomnia, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Prilosec, Tamsulosin, Acyclovir)
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
- Pravistatin -- rapid and irregular heart beat
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Rapid And Irregular Heart Beat, and takes Pravastatin Sodium)
PCP prescribed 20mg Pravastatin daily to lower overall cholesteral from 232. I was 65 years of age at the time. It worked, but then I stopped exercising for a period of about 4 months and the cholesteral rose, so he increased the Pravistatin to 40mg. In about a week I experienced sudden rapid and ...
- Skin rash in diclofenac potassium
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Rash, and takes Zorvolex)
After a car accident in 2011 I took Diclofenac for back & shoulder off and on for about a year. During that time I developed random spots usually on my arms and legs that itch severely and sometimes get infected. I still suffer from the itchy spots and I am DESPERATE for a cure for my agony. I ha ...
More reviews for: Pravastatin sodium, Rashes
More related studies for: Pravastatin sodium, Rashes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Nortriptyline and Xanax
- Mucinex Dm and Bystolic
- Heart Palpitations and Excedrin
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (12 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (17 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Indomethacin for a 30-year old woman who has Pleurisy (59 minutes ago)
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (2 hours ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (2 hours ago)