Review: could Pravastatin sodium cause Thyroid disorder (Thyroid diseases)?
Summary: Thyroid disorder is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Levothyroxine sodium, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 8,498 people who have side effects while taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Thyroid disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Thyroid disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Thyroid disorder >>>
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,322 Pravastatin sodium users)
Thyroid disorder (thyroid diseases) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 18,219 Thyroid disorder patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 8,493 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium. Among them, 11 people (0.13%) have Thyroid Disorder.
Time on Pravastatin sodium when people have Thyroid disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Thyroid disorder||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Thyroid disorder when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Thyroid disorder||81.82%||18.18% |
Age of people who have Thyroid disorder when taking Pravastatin sodium * :
|Thyroid disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||87.50% |
Severity of Thyroid disorder when taking Pravastatin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Thyroid disorder||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Thyroid disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 36.36%)
- Thyroid disorder (2 people, 18.18%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 18.18%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (2 people, 18.18%)
- Blood cholesterol (1 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (4 people, 36.36%)
- Digoxin (4 people, 36.36%)
- Humira (4 people, 36.36%)
- Methotrexate (4 people, 36.36%)
- Folic acid (3 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pravastatin sodium and thyroid disorder on
Do you have Thyroid Disorder while taking Pravastatin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium and have Thyroid Disorder
- support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium
- support group for people who have Thyroid Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Viagra, Vitamin D, Prednisone, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Zolpidem, Vitamin C, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 68-year old man with Tiredness, Ptsd, Erectile Dysfunction, General Physical Condition, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Coronary Artery Disease, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has Tinnitus, Sleep Apnea, Erectile Dysfunction, Elevated Mood, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Depressive Disorder, Ptsd
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a 61-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Cherry Angioma (cherry red papules on the skin)
- A study of drug interactions between Branched - Chain Amino Acids, Zinc Sulfate, Selenium, Beta Glucans, Glucosamine Sulfate, Flaxseed Oil, Quercetin-3-rutinoside, Boswellin Serrata Resin, CoQ10, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Indian Tumeric, Vitamin D, Pravastatin Sodium, Flonase, Asmanex Twisthaler, Losartan Potassium for a 67-year old man with Joint Pain, Antioxidant Therapy, Joint Stiffness, Pain - Joints, Inflammation Localised, Vitamin D Decreased, High Ldl-p, Asthma, Hbp. The patient has Pain - Joints
Recent Pravastatin sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.