Pravastatin sodium and Myasthenia gravis - from FDA reports
Myasthenia gravis is found among people who take Pravastatin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Atorvastatin Calcium, and have Hyperlipidaemia. This review analyzes which people have Myasthenia gravis with Pravastatin sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,739 people who have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 30, 2017
11,739 people reported to have side effects when taking Pravastatin sodium.
Among them, 10 people (0.09%) have Myasthenia gravis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Myasthenia gravis when taking Pravastatin sodium *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Myasthenia gravis when taking Pravastatin sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 37.5 %
- 50-59: 25.0 %
- 60+: 37.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Vulvovaginal Swelling (1 person, 10.00%)
- Vulvovaginal Pruritus (1 person, 10.00%)
- Vulvovaginal Erythema (1 person, 10.00%)
- Stroke (1 person, 10.00%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (1 person, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Atorvastatin Calcium (3 people, 30.00%)
- Warfarin Sodium (1 person, 10.00%)
- Protonix (1 person, 10.00%)
- Pradaxa (1 person, 10.00%)
- Fluvastatin (1 person, 10.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Eyelid Ptosis (4 people, 40.00%)
- Diplopia (4 people, 40.00%)
- Swallowing Difficulty (1 person, 10.00%)
- Electrocardiogram St-T Change (1 person, 10.00%)
- Breathing Difficulty (1 person, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Myasthenia gravis when taking Pravastatin sodium?
- Check symptoms - is myasthenia gravis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMyasthenia gravis and drugs with ingredients of pravastatin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMyasthenia gravis and Pravastatin sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Pravastatin sodium 13,740 users)
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) has been reported by people with myasthenia gravis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 4,493 Myasthenia gravis patients).
Browse all side effects of Pravastatin sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Myasthenia gravisMyasthenia gravis
Could your condition cause Myasthenia gravisMyasthenia gravis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have ocular MG. which only occurs occasionally about once a year which is effectively controlled by medication. I was diagnosed 8years ago. I am now 79 years old an have been experiencing accassional arrhythmia and I am wondering whether there could be a link . I take tablets for high blood ...
I am a 40 year old women with primary sjrogrens syndrome and frybromialgia along with several comprised lung issues, bladder, neurological, gastrointestinal, thyroid disease, all related to my primary sjrogrens I suffer from a long stream of other symptoms as well tight spastic sore muscles, ...
User reviews to the study
Just been put into hospital for observation as patient w new Dx of MG. Had the most excruciating gut pain that dropped me to the floor, then continued in waves every 5 min or so, for 45-60 secs. Went to ER w BP of 78/50. After EKG, gut CT, & blood work, everything is FINE except pancreas ...
I've never taken any drugs and recently at 58 yrs old doc says I need blood pressure meds and cholesterol med. taking diovan and was on pravastatin. Having terribly insomnia and struggling to lose weight. Been reading online about insomnia with both meds. Told doc all was well after a month on ...