Home > Prazosin hydrochloride > Hyperkalemia > Prazosin hydrochloride and Hyperkalemia
Review: could Prazosin hydrochloride cause Hyperkalemia?
We study 294 people who have side effects while taking Prazosin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Hyperkalemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hyperkalemia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prazosin hydrochloride and have Hyperkalemia >>>
Prazosin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 386 users) has active ingredients of prazosin hydrochloride. It is often used in post-traumatic stress disorder.
Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney) (latest reports from 188,945 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, pain, cardiac failure.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 291 people reported to have side effects when taking Prazosin hydrochloride. Among them, 5 people (1.72%) have Hyperkalemia.
Time on Prazosin hydrochloride when people have Hyperkalemia * :
Age of people who have Hyperkalemia when taking Prazosin hydrochloride * :
Severity of Hyperkalemia when taking Prazosin hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Hyperkalemia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cardiac failure congestive (1 people, 20.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 20.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (2 people, 40.00%)
- Aspirin (1 people, 20.00%)
- Paxil (1 people, 20.00%)
- Cordarone (1 people, 20.00%)
- Byetta (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hyperkalemia while taking Prazosin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prazosin hydrochloride and have Hyperkalemia
- support group for people who take Prazosin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Hyperkalemia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does plavix hoarseness lessen or recede?
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Cozaar, Aspirin, Plavix)
I started taking Plavix prior to a stent placement one week ago. After two or three days I developed a hoarseness and voice interference.
- Hello, i am having a problem with high potassium levels and tingling , what other blood pressure drug can i use that won't cause hyperkalmia? what works for you?
(Asked by a 53 year old man who has Hyperkalemia, and takes Cozaar)
- Could hypomagnesia cause polymyalgia rheumatica
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Diabetes Mellitus, Gout, Gluten Intolerance, and takes Metformin, Allopurinol, Amlodipine, Micardis, Januvia, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Gemfibrozil)
Was initially diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica and prescribed prednisolone which was gradually reduced to zero but the muscle and joint pains came back. So I went to another doctor who diagnosed the muscle and joint pains as being caused by my cholesterol medications. I was put on prednisolone ...
More questions for: Prazosin hydrochloride, Hyperkalemia
More reviews for: Prazosin hydrochloride, Hyperkalemia
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Tooth Infection. The patient has Potassium - High (damage to or disease of the kidney)
Comments: I have been taking the prednisone 20 mg once a day for help in fighting off infection. My doctor is concerned about the high blood potassium levels and is wanting blood tests sometimes twice a week. I weigh 90 lbs and am 5'4".
- A study of drug interactions between Carafate, Motrin, Omeprazole, Hydrochlorothiazide, Ambien, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Celexa for a patient with Ulcer - Peptic, Pain, Esophagitis, Potassium - High, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Fatigue, Potassium - High, Bone - Broken, Bladder Neck Obstruction, Esophagitis, Pain, Leg Cramps, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I had two unexplained broken bones within a one year period.
Weak urine stream with intermittent breaks.
High potassium level readings. First: 6.2 Second 5.2
When diagnosed at ER with esophagitis was also suspected to have peptic ulcers due to stress.
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Tramadol And Acetaminophen, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Excedrin, Ranitidine, Simvastatin, Atenolol for a patient with Prostate Examination Abnormal, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Total Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Potassium - High
Comments: I am a left donor, I Have HBP and H Cholesterol I am 80 yrs. old My Potassium level is 5.7 it normally is between 4,7 and 4.9 . I am wondering if the Medication I'm taking could be causing the elevation in Potassium?
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a patient with Arthritis. The patient has Potassium - High (damage to or disease of the kidney)
Comments: I have had a blood test which shows I have a high pottasuim level and am due to go and see my GP about this, I was just wondering I have taken alot of Ibuprofen recently as wasnt feeling well achy muscles etc and just wondered could this have been the reason for the high reading
- A study of drug interactions between Omega 3, Serenoa Repens for a patient with Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Prostate Infection. The patient has Electrocardiogram T Wave Abnormal, Heart Palpitations, Ecg, Hyperkalaemia
Comments: I had chest discomfort accompanied by sometimes strong palpitations that woke me up. the around-the-heart discomfort occurred mainly when i'm lying down or when i wake up. First ECG showed a T wave, first blood test had potassium 6.2. then second day ECG didn't show T wave and second day blood test ...
More related studies for: Prazosin hydrochloride, Hyperkalemia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Ketotifen Fumarate
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-prove ... (43 minutes ago)
- People with statin drug damage
Answer: I stopped statins months ago. My fancy cardiologist did no ... (2 hours ago)
- Do others have nasal congestion from the drug
i especially notice these symptoms after eating a meal ... (3 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (15 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (20 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Alfuzosin Hydrochloride for a 84-year old man who has Large Prostate (3 minutes ago)
- Lisinopril, Flunisolide, Ibuprofen, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Ketotifen Fumarate, Lamotrigine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 43-year old man who has Hypertension, Rhinitis, Pain, Conjunctivitis, Depression, Insomnia, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (14 minutes ago)
- Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a 76-year old woman who has Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis (33 minutes ago)