Review: could Prednisolone cause Long qt syndrome?
Summary: Long qt syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Prednisolone.
We study 64,594 people who have side effects while taking Prednisolone from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Long qt syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Long qt syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisolone and have Long qt syndrome >>>
Prednisolone has active ingredients of prednisolone. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Prednisolone 65,061 users)
Long qt syndrome
Long qt syndrome (disorder of the heart's electrical system) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, nausea, anaesthesia, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Long qt syndrome 683 patients)
On Dec, 5, 2014: 64,594 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisolone. Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Long Qt Syndrome.
Time on Prednisolone when people have Long qt syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Long qt syndrome||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Long qt syndrome when taking Prednisolone * :
|Long qt syndrome||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Long qt syndrome when taking Prednisolone * :
|Long qt syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Long qt syndrome when taking Prednisolone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Long qt syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Long qt syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Long qt syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chemotherapy (3 people, 60.00%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 60.00%)
- Gastritis (2 people, 40.00%)
- Constipation (2 people, 40.00%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 40.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Granisetron hydrochloride (3 people, 60.00%)
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride (3 people, 60.00%)
- Velcade (3 people, 60.00%)
- Dexamethasone sodium phosphate (3 people, 60.00%)
- Cyclophosphamide (3 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Long Qt Syndrome while taking Prednisolone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisolone and have Long Qt Syndrome
- support group for people who take Prednisolone
- support group for people who have Long Qt Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does prednisolone cause blood clots
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has Cornea Transplant, and takes Prednisolone)
Recently was prescribed prednisolone. Will taking this cause blood clots?
- My doctor prescribed citalopram for depression but l have myasthenia gravis is the ol
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Depression, and takes Lisinopril, Atorvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone, Azathioprine)
Could anyone help, my doctor has given me citalopram for depression but I have myasthenia gravis is this ok I have read it might not be safe?
- What medicine can be used for fever of rheumotid arthiritus (1 answer)
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rheumatic Fever, Rheumatoid Factor Positive, and takes Paracetamol, Prednisolone)
History of skin allergy with scalp dandruff and fungus in ears since childhood. After the birth of third baby, in 1994,fever 99 degrees and morning pain and stiffness in small joints started. In 1995 RA was diagnosed with ESR raised which was treated with ANSAID (voltral SR 100 etc)frequently till 2 ...
- I am taking prednislone for polymyalgia rhuematica and symbicourt and ventolin for copd are there any known reactions for taking these medications (1 answer)
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rhuematica, COPD, and takes Symbicort, Prednisolone, Loperamide Hydrochloride)
since taking these 3 drugs,I am getting cramp in my fingers and also my legs, are these all side effects, sometimes I feel a little dizzy
- Could polymyalgia rheumatica cause speech problems or is it the drugs taken for the complaint (1 answer)
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Hypertnsion, and takes Prednisolone, Omeprazole Magnesium, Losartan Potassium, Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naturetin-5, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Alendronic Acid, Procaine Hydrochloride)
the patient has difficulty in bringing words to use in her speech.
She has difficulty in recalling words to use.
Her memory is not as good
She says "no" when she means "yes" and vice-versa.
More questions for: Prednisolone, Long qt syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has High Cholestral, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, and takes Simvastatin, Prednisolone)
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with ...
- Hand foot mouth disease
(Posted by a 28 year old man who has Hand Foot Mouth Disease, Joint Pain, Fever, and takes Prednisolone)
My illness was not recognized at first.
So I was given some prednisolone and other drugs.
During that time I had a joint pain and it was recovered. But after 5 months i suffered from this joint pain again and I'm suffering from this joint pain still now.I don't understand whether there is an conne ...
More reviews for: Prednisolone, Long qt syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of side effects of Prednisolone for a patient with Colitis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
Comments: Always felt fatigued on the steroids, but would get periods of chronic fatigue on some afternoons or evenings. No logic as to when these happened as not everyday, and could be 1pm, 3pm or 6pm. Always took steroids at 9am.
Would feel so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open when stood up. Had to lie do ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alendronic Acid, Prednisolone for a patient with Osteoporosis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Upper Body Rash And Itching, Pain - Shoulder
Comments: Diagnosed with PMR 5 months ago and treated with 25mg per day of Prednisolone. Reduced dose to 22.5mg then to 21mg over a 2 month period. Noticed a rash on upper torso with severe itching which is thought to be an allergy since reducing the Preds. Doctor now wants me to reduce preds by 10mg in the n ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisolone for a patient with Itp. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness)
Comments: It is my grandson. diagnosed with ITP at the age of 17. NO usual symptoms of bleeding or purpura. maybe little bruising. Diagnosed by a blood test, because he slept for a few days. Very low platelet count.
We do not know whether it is "drug or condition related"
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Prednisolone, Vitamin E, Tegretol, Aspirin for a patient with Health, Abortion, Antioxidant Therapy, Epilepsy, Abortion Spontaneous. The patient has Thrombocytopenia, Allergic Cough
Comments: The most annoying was cough and I keep coughing till I get birth with my litle dead girl cough is just gone
I was 24 weeks when she suddenly stopped moving and doctor said there is no pulse
now I am pregnant again with same symptoms
More related studies for: Prednisolone, Long qt syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.