Home > Prednisolone > Long qt syndrome > Prednisolone and Long qt syndrome
Review: could Prednisolone cause Long qt syndrome?
We study 64,578 people who have side effects while taking Prednisolone from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Long qt syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Long qt syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisolone and have Long qt syndrome >>>
Prednisolone (latest outcomes from 65,052 users) has active ingredients of prednisolone. It is often used in asthma.
Long qt syndrome
Long qt syndrome (disorder of the heart's electrical system) (latest reports from 2,743 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, nausea, anaesthesia, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 64,578 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisolone. Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Long Qt Syndrome.
Time on Prednisolone when people have Long qt syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Long qt syndrome||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Long qt syndrome when taking Prednisolone * :
|Long qt syndrome||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Long qt syndrome when taking Prednisolone * :
|Long qt syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Long qt syndrome when taking Prednisolone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Long qt syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Long qt syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Long qt syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chemotherapy (3 people, 60.00%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 60.00%)
- Gastritis (2 people, 40.00%)
- Constipation (2 people, 40.00%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 40.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Granisetron hydrochloride (3 people, 60.00%)
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride (3 people, 60.00%)
- Velcade (3 people, 60.00%)
- Dexamethasone sodium phosphate (3 people, 60.00%)
- Cyclophosphamide (3 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Long Qt Syndrome while taking Prednisolone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisolone and have Long Qt Syndrome
- support group for people who take Prednisolone
- support group for people who have Long Qt Syndrome
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisolone, Long qt syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with ...
- Hand foot mouth disease
My illness was not recognized at first.
So I was given some prednisolone and other drugs.
During that time I had a joint pain and it was recovered. But after 5 months i suffered from this joint pain again and I'm suffering from this joint pain still now.I don't understand whether there is an conne ...
More reviews for: Prednisolone, Long qt syndrome
On eHealthMe, Prednisolone (prednisolone) is often used for asthma. Find out below the conditions Prednisolone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisolone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Prednisolone, Long qt syndrome
Recent Prednisolone related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Prednisolone, Long qt syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (25 seconds ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (6 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (49 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (2 hours ago)
- Upper Extremity Mass
- Isolyte S Ph 7.4 In Plastic Container
- Pantoprazole Sodium
- Green Tea Extract
- Transplant Liver