Review: could Prednisolone cause Long qt syndrome?
Summary: Long qt syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Prednisolone.
We study 64,602 people who have side effects while taking Prednisolone from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Long qt syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Long qt syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisolone and have Long qt syndrome >>>
Prednisolone has active ingredients of prednisolone. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 65,072 Prednisolone users)
Long qt syndrome
Long qt syndrome (disorder of the heart's electrical system) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, nausea, anaesthesia, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 706 Long qt syndrome patients)
On Feb, 24, 2015: 64,602 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisolone. Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Long Qt Syndrome.
Time on Prednisolone when people have Long qt syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Long qt syndrome||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Long qt syndrome when taking Prednisolone * :
|Long qt syndrome||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Long qt syndrome when taking Prednisolone * :
|Long qt syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Long qt syndrome when taking Prednisolone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Long qt syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Long qt syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Long qt syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chemotherapy (3 people, 60.00%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 60.00%)
- Gastritis (2 people, 40.00%)
- Constipation (2 people, 40.00%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 40.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Granisetron hydrochloride (3 people, 60.00%)
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride (3 people, 60.00%)
- Velcade (3 people, 60.00%)
- Dexamethasone sodium phosphate (3 people, 60.00%)
- Cyclophosphamide (3 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Long Qt Syndrome while taking Prednisolone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisolone and have Long Qt Syndrome
- support group for people who take Prednisolone
- support group for people who have Long Qt Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lumigan, Doxazosin Mesylate, Ramipril, Diazepam, Prednisolone, Paracetamol, Tramadol, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 66-year old man with Pressure Sore, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lung Surgery. The patient has Oral Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam for a 21-year old woman with Depression, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Long Qt Syndrome, Syncope Vasovagal
- A study of side effects of Prednisolone for a 69-year old woman with Gcp. The patient has Bloodshot Eye (bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels in the surface of the white portion of the eye (sclera) become swollen)
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 13-year old boy with ADHD. The patient has Long Qt Syndrome (disorder of the heart's electrical system)
- A study of side effects of Prednisolone for a 25-year old man with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Pyoderma Gangrenosum (ulcerating condition of skin that results in heaped borders with a typical appearance), Growth - Slow (child 0 - 5 Years), Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine), Gynaecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast), Hypospadias (an abnormal condition in males in which the urethra opens on the under surface of the penis), Pseudohermaphroditism Male (condition in which an individual of one sex has external genitalia superficially resembling those of the other sex in male)
Recent Prednisolone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.