Home > Prednisone > A-fib > Prednisone and A-fib
Review: could Prednisone cause A-fib (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,584 have A-fib. Find out below who they are, when they have A-fib and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have A-fib >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) (latest reports from 381,972 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 146,660 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 2,584 people (1.76%) have A-fib.
Time on Prednisone when people have A-fib * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Prednisone * :
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Prednisone * :
Severity of A-fib when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from A-fib ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (375 people, 14.51%)
- Multiple myeloma (229 people, 8.86%)
- Atrial fibrillation (193 people, 7.47%)
- Osteoporosis (174 people, 6.73%)
- Hypertension (112 people, 4.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (839 people, 32.47%)
- Prednisone tab (765 people, 29.61%)
- Digoxin (673 people, 26.04%)
- Lasix (669 people, 25.89%)
- Coumadin (647 people, 25.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have A-fib while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have A-fib
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have A-fib
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I had only 1 episode of atrial fib 2 yrs ago, I was put on steriods for a infection of the salvitary glands while in hospital and had another episode. It was stopped by a drug the cardiologist gave me, i had to take 3 pills.
From this study (2 years ago):
Two days after starting on 70 mg dose of prednisone I experienced fibrillation which sent me to overnight in hospital with intervenous drugs to correct. Paddle shock was threated in the event the drugs did not work. Thank God they did and a normal pulse was maintained beginning about 2 am. I am 75 years of age and had not been hospitalized since my tonsillectomy at age 5.
From this study (5 years ago):
I have had two attacks of atrial fibrillation in the first three weeks of taking Prednisone.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, A-fib
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, A-fib
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vyvanse, Celexa for a 12-year old girl who has Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression (10 minutes ago)
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (46 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (51 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (49 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Bone Cyst
- Queen's Delight
- Heart Disease Aging
- Eosinophil Count Increased