Home > Prednisone > A-fib > Prednisone and A-fib
Review: could Prednisone cause A-fib (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
We study 146,589 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,611 have A-fib. Find out below who they are, when they have A-fib and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have A-fib >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,937 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) (latest reports from 389,490 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Sep, 11, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 2,584 people (1.76%) have A-fib.
Time on Prednisone when people have A-fib * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Prednisone * :
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Prednisone * :
Severity of A-fib when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from A-fib ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (375 people, 14.51%)
- Multiple myeloma (229 people, 8.86%)
- Atrial fibrillation (193 people, 7.47%)
- Osteoporosis (174 people, 6.73%)
- Hypertension (112 people, 4.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (839 people, 32.47%)
- Prednisone tab (765 people, 29.61%)
- Digoxin (673 people, 26.04%)
- Lasix (669 people, 25.89%)
- Coumadin (647 people, 25.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have A-fib while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Prednisone and have A-fib
- group for people who take Prednisone
- group for people who have A-fib
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I had only 1 episode of atrial fib 2 yrs ago, I was put on steriods for a infection of the salvitary glands while in hospital and had another episode. It was stopped by a drug the cardiologist gave me, i had to take 3 pills.
From this study (2 years ago):
Two days after starting on 70 mg dose of prednisone I experienced fibrillation which sent me to overnight in hospital with intervenous drugs to correct. Paddle shock was threated in the event the drugs did not work. Thank God they did and a normal pulse was maintained beginning about 2 am. I am 75 years of age and had not been hospitalized since my tonsillectomy at age 5.
From this study (5 years ago):
I have had two attacks of atrial fibrillation in the first three weeks of taking Prednisone.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, A-fib
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Prednisone, A-fib
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (13 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (13 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (22 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (26 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (39 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Enterobius Vermicularis
- Pain Relief
- Acute Pancreatitis