Prednisone and A-fib - from FDA reports
A-fib is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have A-fib with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 239,595 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 02, 2017
239,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 3,614 people (1.51%) have A-fib
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have A-fib *:
- < 1 month: 39.58 %
- 1 - 6 months: 35.42 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.92 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.75 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.17 %
- 10+ years: 1.67 %
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 50.17 %
- male: 49.83 %
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.03 %
- 2-9: 0.1 %
- 10-19: 0.6 %
- 20-29: 0.96 %
- 30-39: 1.59 %
- 40-49: 5.04 %
- 50-59: 13.63 %
- 60+: 78.04 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (510 people, 14.11%)
- Multiple Myeloma (319 people, 8.83%)
- High Blood Pressure (195 people, 5.40%)
- Osteoporosis (187 people, 5.17%)
- Pain (174 people, 4.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (681 people, 18.84%)
- Coumadin (650 people, 17.99%)
- Digoxin (608 people, 16.82%)
- Aspirin (590 people, 16.33%)
- Methotrexate (439 people, 12.15%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (698 people, 19.31%)
- Pneumonia (669 people, 18.51%)
- Breathing Difficulty (649 people, 17.96%)
- Weakness (631 people, 17.46%)
- Hypotension (558 people, 15.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have A-fib when taking Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 246,223 users)
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 174,355 A-fib patients).