Review: could Prednisone cause Abdominal pain upper?
Summary: Abdominal pain upper is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone tab, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 146,809 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,780 have Abdominal pain upper. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain upper and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Abdominal pain upper >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 150,124 Prednisone users)
Abdominal pain upper
Abdominal pain upper has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, birth control, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 62,456 Abdominal pain upper patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 146,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 1,780 people (1.21%) have Abdominal Pain Upper.
Time on Prednisone when people have Abdominal pain upper * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain upper||60.00%||16.88%||3.75%||2.50%||3.75%||1.25%||11.88% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain upper when taking Prednisone * :
|Abdominal pain upper||64.11%||35.89% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain upper when taking Prednisone * :
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||0.62%||4.30%||5.60%||13.28%||18.60%||17.75%||39.85% |
Severity of Abdominal pain upper when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain upper ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain upper||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (277 people, 15.56%)
- Osteoporosis (170 people, 9.55%)
- Pain (156 people, 8.76%)
- Crohn's disease (140 people, 7.87%)
- Hypertension (103 people, 5.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (585 people, 32.87%)
- Aspirin (293 people, 16.46%)
- Humira (290 people, 16.29%)
- Methotrexate (270 people, 15.17%)
- Nexium (251 people, 14.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prednisone and abdominal pain upper on
Do you have Abdominal Pain Upper while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Abdominal Pain Upper
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain Upper
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 59-year old woman with Transplant - Kidney, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain, Blood Creatinine Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 40-year old woman with Tinnitus. The patient has Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint)
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 18-year old girl with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Dizzy, Fast Heart Beat, Fast Heart Rate, Confused, Tired, Disoreinted,just Sick All Over.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone Intensol for a 47-year old woman with Cushing's Syndrome. The patient has Cushing's Syndrome (obesity, a rounded face, increased fat)
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.