Review: could Prednisone cause Bad dreams (Nightmares)?
Summary: Bad dreams is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Prednisone tab, and have Pain.
We study 146,686 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 175 have Bad dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Bad dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Bad dreams >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 150,015 users)
Bad dreams (unpleasant dreams) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Bad dreams 14,120 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 146,686 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 175 people (0.12%) have Bad Dreams.
Time on Prednisone when people have Bad dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bad dreams||0.00%||5.56%||5.56%||5.56%||66.67%||16.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bad dreams when taking Prednisone * :
|Bad dreams||46.12%||53.88% |
Age of people who have Bad dreams when taking Prednisone * :
|Bad dreams||0.00%||4.79%||4.11%||1.37%||18.49%||16.44%||26.71%||28.08% |
Severity of Bad dreams when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bad dreams||25.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bad dreams ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bad dreams||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (39 people, 22.29%)
- Depression (39 people, 22.29%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (36 people, 20.57%)
- Anxiety (28 people, 16.00%)
- Insomnia (20 people, 11.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (46 people, 26.29%)
- Levaquin (42 people, 24.00%)
- Amoxicillin (41 people, 23.43%)
- Lorazepam (37 people, 21.14%)
- Albuterol (35 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bad Dreams while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Bad Dreams
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Bad Dreams
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i continue taking lysine while taking prednisone? (5 day prescription)
I am on a 5 day prescription of prednisone for my allergies/ear blockage. Is it safe for me during this time to continue taking my Lysine supplement?
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane. (1 answer)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the ringing in the ears. It's been about a week now and I just don't know what to do anymore. If it is the Zoloft then I can finally just stop taking it and make this stop. If anyone has an answer or knows what to do, PLEASE help. I'm at my wits end.
- Has anyone with autoimmune hepatitis tried alpha lipoic acid, milk thistle and selenium (1 answer)
Has anyone tried alpha lipoic , selenium and silybum marianum? I read an article that synergically they have anti inflammatory impact on the liver.
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia? (1 answer)
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
- Can r-chop chemotherapy cause aortic stenosis?
Treated with 3 courses of R-CHOP plus radiotherapy for Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of orbit of eye in 2010. In complete remission until 2014 then relapse of genetically identical tumor in maxillary sinus. Recently have received 3 courses of R-ICE. During the past week I have had a cardiac ECHO which showed aortic stenosis. I also had an episode of hypotension and bradycardia lasting about a day during one the RICE treatments.
More questions for: Prednisone, Bad dreams
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wasted and weak so fell several times. Had to regain strength and learn to walk again with physical therapy. Left with foggy thinking, fatigue, muscle myopathy and peripheral neuropathy. Also developed osteopenia. Afterwards was placed on hydrocortisone and Lyrica for pain. Later found liver damage.
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same reaction.
Any remedies? All I found, that works sometimes, is a scoop of peanut butter, didn't work last night though...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has been down hill.Prednisone worked great at first but then it starts to destroy the body.Had nasal passage surgery(waste of time)have broken many ribs from coughing.painful.when you are on prednisone your body takes 3-5 times longer to heal.craked tailbone from a slip. have seen over 12 doctors.reasonable gueswork. My best doc which is mine says do you want to suffocate to death or let your body try and fix itself if it can. im not for suffocation at all. Just a good medicine to counter the angriness of the steroid. Any ideas i am all ears. oh ya my eyes are starting to go and my joints as well
More reviews for: Prednisone, Bad dreams
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I had a flu-like bout of unwellness approx 2 weeks before being diagnosed with Polymyalgia rheumatica. The onset was very sudden - went from being fully mobile, to developing neck/shoulder stiffness and then being fully immobile within 36 hours. Following two days of steroids, I felt much better but ...
- After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always under control with the same medication (Depakote) Depakote never gave any side effects. These dreams came on when he started taking methylphenidate er
- The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the next blood labs good before after sca ,v fib then vitals normal. angioplasty, good blood flow.pacemaker installed matched up then sca died 49 yrs old
More related studies for: Prednisone, Bad dreams
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.