Review: could Prednisone cause Bone and joint pain (Joint pain)?
Summary: Bone and joint pain is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone tab, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 146,827 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 6,391 have Bone and joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone and joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Bone and joint pain >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 150,145 Prednisone users)
Bone and joint pain
Bone and joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 118,897 Bone and joint pain patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 146,809 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 6,390 people (4.35%) have Bone And Joint Pain.
Time on Prednisone when people have Bone and joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone and joint pain||37.11%||27.71%||8.43%||5.78%||9.64%||6.27%||5.06% |
Gender of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Prednisone * :
|Bone and joint pain||69.70%||30.30% |
Age of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Prednisone * :
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.46%||3.75%||5.43%||10.53%||15.70%||25.65%||38.48% |
Severity of Bone and joint pain when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone and joint pain||2.27%||47.73%||34.09%||15.91% |
How people recovered from Bone and joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone and joint pain||6.25%||25.00%||68.75% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1,907 people, 29.84%)
- Pain (715 people, 11.19%)
- Osteoporosis (681 people, 10.66%)
- Hypertension (408 people, 6.38%)
- Crohn's disease (392 people, 6.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (1,876 people, 29.36%)
- Humira (1,468 people, 22.97%)
- Methotrexate (1,465 people, 22.93%)
- Folic acid (1,223 people, 19.14%)
- Aspirin (923 people, 14.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prednisone and bone and joint pain on
Do you have Bone And Joint Pain while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Bone And Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Bone And Joint Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Hydroxyzine, Prednisone, Ortho Cyclen-28, Suboxone, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman with Otitis Media Chronic, Anxiety, Pregnancy, Addiction, Depression. The patient has Panic Attacks, Confusion Aggravated, Unhappy, Body Tinea
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Cellcept, Prograf for a 39-year old man with Kidney Transplant Rejection. The patient has Tingling And Numbness In My Foot Every Time I Stand Up Across My Right Foot Just Started Is Getting Worse My Toes Feel Like Needles
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old man with Prostration, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.