Could Prednisone cause Bradycardia - from FDA reports
Bradycardia is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Rheumatoid arthritis . We study 139,359 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA. Among them, 2,004 have Bradycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Bradycardia and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 231,609 users)
Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 111,438 Bradycardia patients).
On Nov, 17, 2016
139,359 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 2,004 people (1.44%) have Bradycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Bradycardia *:
- < 1 month: 53.66 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.51 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.94 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.88 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.07 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.32 %
- 10+ years: 1.63 %
Gender of people who have Bradycardia when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 57.43 %
- male: 42.57 %
Age of people who have Bradycardia when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.6 %
- 2-9: 1.14 %
- 10-19: 4.01 %
- 20-29: 5.99 %
- 30-39: 9.17 %
- 40-49: 11.02 %
- 50-59: 21.39 %
- 60+: 46.67 %
Severity of Bradycardia **:
- least: 0.0 %
- moderate: 41.67 %
- severe: 50.0 %
- most severe: 8.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (229 people, 11.43%)
- Osteoporosis (148 people, 7.39%)
- Pain (134 people, 6.69%)
- Multiple Myeloma (134 people, 6.69%)
- High Blood Pressure (104 people, 5.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (302 people, 15.07%)
- Aspirin (295 people, 14.72%)
- Folic Acid (283 people, 14.12%)
- Methotrexate (246 people, 12.28%)
- Zometa (233 people, 11.63%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (575 people, 28.69%)
- Hypotension (465 people, 23.20%)
- High Blood Pressure (431 people, 21.51%)
- Nausea (426 people, 21.26%)
- Pain (415 people, 20.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bradycardia when taking Prednisone?
Browse all side effects of Prednisonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BradycardiaBradycardia
Could your condition cause BradycardiaBradycardia
Can you answer these questions?
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
I am experiencing fatigue, muscle cramps, and muscle and joint pain. I have read that others have experienced the same as a result of taking these medications together. Anybody else have a similar experience?
Hi all, I was on prednisone for 7 years treating polymyocitis and getting weaker. New doctor and new biopsy showed I didn't have it. Weaned off prednisone and lived through the most horrid withdrawal for about 6 weeks. No longer take it and find I am still weak if not weaker particularly below ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have chronic gout for last five years. Tried everything nothing worked to help me with pain, but prednisone. I have it at 5mg a day and no side effects. I just started taking astragalus as well ,I understand that it will mitigate the immune suppressant quality of the prednisone but will it ...