Review: could Prednisone cause Breast tenderness (Breast pain)?
Summary: Breast tenderness is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 146,809 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 201 have Breast tenderness. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast tenderness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Breast tenderness >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 150,124 Prednisone users)
Breast tenderness has been reported by people with birth control, post coital contraception, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression. (latest reports from 9,942 Breast tenderness patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 146,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 201 people (0.14%) have Breast Tenderness.
Time on Prednisone when people have Breast tenderness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast tenderness||58.33%||33.33%||8.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Breast tenderness when taking Prednisone * :
|Breast tenderness||86.32%||13.68% |
Age of people who have Breast tenderness when taking Prednisone * :
|Breast tenderness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.97%||30.20%||11.39%||26.24%||29.21% |
Severity of Breast tenderness when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breast tenderness||0.00%||66.67%||22.22%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Breast tenderness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Breast tenderness||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (54 people, 26.87%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (53 people, 26.37%)
- Fibromyalgia (50 people, 24.88%)
- Arthritis (50 people, 24.88%)
- Hypersensitivity (45 people, 22.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (94 people, 46.77%)
- Methotrexate (75 people, 37.31%)
- Folic acid (75 people, 37.31%)
- Albuterol (74 people, 36.82%)
- Humira (69 people, 34.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prednisone and breast tenderness on
Do you have Breast Tenderness while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Breast Tenderness
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Breast Tenderness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 40-year old woman with Tinnitus. The patient has Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint)
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 18-year old girl with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Dizzy, Fast Heart Beat, Fast Heart Rate, Confused, Tired, Disoreinted,just Sick All Over.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone Intensol for a 47-year old woman with Cushing's Syndrome. The patient has Cushing's Syndrome (obesity, a rounded face, increased fat)
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.