Review: could Prednisone cause Breathing difficulty?
Summary: Breathing difficulty is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone tab, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 146,809 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 7,990 have Breathing difficulty. Find out below who they are, when they have Breathing difficulty and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Breathing difficulty >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 150,124 Prednisone users)
Breathing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,469 Breathing difficulty patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 146,809 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 7,990 people (5.44%) have Breathing Difficulty.
Time on Prednisone when people have Breathing difficulty * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breathing difficulty||58.26%||23.68%||4.83%||4.98%||3.74%||2.49%||2.02% |
Gender of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Prednisone * :
|Breathing difficulty||59.91%||40.09% |
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Prednisone * :
|Breathing difficulty||0.13%||0.44%||2.07%||4.83%||8.45%||12.81%||19.98%||51.28% |
Severity of Breathing difficulty when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breathing difficulty||3.70%||48.15%||40.74%||7.41% |
How people recovered from Breathing difficulty ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Breathing difficulty||4.76%||33.33%||61.90% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1,246 people, 15.59%)
- Asthma (734 people, 9.19%)
- Pain (599 people, 7.50%)
- Hypertension (598 people, 7.48%)
- Osteoporosis (495 people, 6.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (2,583 people, 32.33%)
- Aspirin (1,462 people, 18.30%)
- Albuterol (1,162 people, 14.54%)
- Folic acid (1,071 people, 13.40%)
- Methotrexate (978 people, 12.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prednisone and breathing difficulty on
Do you have Breathing Difficulty while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Breathing Difficulty
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Breathing Difficulty
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Omega-3 Fatty Acid for a 26-year old woman with Ome. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 59-year old woman with Transplant - Kidney, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain, Blood Creatinine Increased
- A study of side effects of Brilinta for a 74-year old man with Heart Attack. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.