Review: could Prednisone cause Bulging eyes (Eyes - bulging)?
Summary: Bulging eyes is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Bone loss.
We study 146,809 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 78 have Bulging eyes. Find out below who they are, when they have Bulging eyes and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Bulging eyes >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 150,135 Prednisone users)
Bulging eyes (abnormal protrusion (bulging out) of one or both eyeballs) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, osteopenia. (latest reports from 848 Bulging eyes patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 146,809 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 78 people (0.05%) have Bulging Eyes.
Time on Prednisone when people have Bulging eyes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bulging eyes||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bulging eyes when taking Prednisone * :
|Bulging eyes||48.19%||51.81% |
Age of people who have Bulging eyes when taking Prednisone * :
|Bulging eyes||1.54%||1.54%||3.08%||9.23%||4.62%||15.38%||15.38%||49.23% |
Severity of Bulging eyes when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bulging eyes||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bulging eyes ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bone loss (12 people, 15.38%)
- Multiple myeloma (12 people, 15.38%)
- Neoplasm malignant (12 people, 15.38%)
- Mastocytosis (11 people, 14.10%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 10.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (38 people, 48.72%)
- Oxycontin (32 people, 41.03%)
- Coumadin (25 people, 32.05%)
- Prednisone tab (24 people, 30.77%)
- Aspirin (23 people, 29.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prednisone and bulging eyes on
Do you have Bulging Eyes while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Bulging Eyes
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Bulging Eyes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 40-year old woman with Tinnitus. The patient has Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint)
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 18-year old girl with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Dizzy, Fast Heart Beat, Fast Heart Rate, Confused, Tired, Disoreinted,just Sick All Over.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone Intensol for a 47-year old woman with Cushing's Syndrome. The patient has Cushing's Syndrome (obesity, a rounded face, increased fat)
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.