Review: could Prednisone cause Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
Summary: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 146,792 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,850 have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 150,120 Prednisone users)
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression. (latest reports from 49,425 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients)
On Feb, 17, 2015: 146,763 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 1,850 people (1.26%) have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Time on Prednisone when people have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||64.67%||7.78%||7.78%||3.59%||8.98%||3.59%||3.59% |
Gender of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Prednisone * :
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||54.49%||45.51% |
Age of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Prednisone * :
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||1.02%||0.00%||0.00%||0.13%||0.89%||5.49%||21.33%||71.14% |
Severity of Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (339 people, 18.32%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (253 people, 13.68%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (216 people, 11.68%)
- Multiple myeloma (197 people, 10.65%)
- Hypertension (178 people, 9.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (601 people, 32.49%)
- Prednisone tab (577 people, 31.19%)
- Spiriva (546 people, 29.51%)
- Albuterol (534 people, 28.86%)
- Zometa (476 people, 25.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prednisone and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on
Do you have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 58-year old man with Pneumonia Bacterial. The patient has Copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- A study of drug interactions between Tobramycin And Dexamethasone, Ketorolac Tromethamine, Prednisone, Cyclogyl, Gabapentin, Benzonatate, Lidoderm, Antivert, Sertraline, Alprazolam, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Lidocaine, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate, Accolate for a 51-year old woman with Eye Inflammation, Eye Infection, Eye Infection Bacterial, Nerve Pain, Cough, Hip Pain, Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Hives, Degenerative Joint Disease, Asthma, Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Scoliosis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. The patient has Stomach Discomfort, Weakness, Chronic Asthma, Copd, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Leukocytosis, Viral Test Positive, Scoliosis, Eyes - Sensitive To Light, Wheezing Aggravated, Sinusitis, Depression, Stomach Pain, Rhinitis Allergic, Bronchitis Chronic, Eye Inflammation, Dizziness (excl Vertigo)
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Prednisone, Daliresp, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Symbicort, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva for a 64-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Copd, Low Thyroid, Gerd. The patient has Copd
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.