Review: could Prednisone cause Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
Summary: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 146,809 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,850 have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 150,135 Prednisone users)
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression. (latest reports from 49,430 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 146,809 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 1,850 people (1.26%) have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Time on Prednisone when people have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||64.67%||7.78%||7.78%||3.59%||8.98%||3.59%||3.59% |
Gender of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Prednisone * :
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||54.49%||45.51% |
Age of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Prednisone * :
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||1.02%||0.00%||0.00%||0.13%||0.89%||5.49%||21.33%||71.14% |
Severity of Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (339 people, 18.32%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (253 people, 13.68%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (216 people, 11.68%)
- Multiple myeloma (197 people, 10.65%)
- Hypertension (178 people, 9.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (601 people, 32.49%)
- Prednisone tab (577 people, 31.19%)
- Spiriva (546 people, 29.51%)
- Albuterol (534 people, 28.86%)
- Zometa (476 people, 25.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prednisone and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on
Do you have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Pantoprazole, Prednisone, Fluticasone Propionate, Escitalopram, Qsymia, Lialda for a 46-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Ulcerative Colitis, Allergic Respiratory Disease, Depression, Obesity. The patient has Clay Light Green Stool
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 7-year old boy with Sinusitis. The patient has Glaucoma
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 62-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Asthma
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Rapamune, Cellcept for a 71-year old man with Transplant - Kidney. The patient has Tinea Of The Foot
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 71-year old woman with Polymyalgia. The patient has Sweating - Excessive
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.