Review: could Prednisone cause Costochondritis?
Summary: Costochondritis is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Ambien, and have Pain.
We study 146,827 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 91 have Costochondritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Costochondritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Costochondritis >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 150,145 Prednisone users)
Costochondritis (chest wall pain) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, osteopenia, birth control, depression. (latest reports from 1,333 Costochondritis patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 146,809 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 91 people (0.06%) have Costochondritis.
Time on Prednisone when people have Costochondritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Costochondritis when taking Prednisone * :
Age of people who have Costochondritis when taking Prednisone * :
Severity of Costochondritis when taking Prednisone ** :
How people recovered from Costochondritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (40 people, 43.96%)
- Osteoporosis (29 people, 31.87%)
- Multiple myeloma (28 people, 30.77%)
- Arthritis (24 people, 26.37%)
- Muscle spasms (20 people, 21.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (43 people, 47.25%)
- Prevacid (42 people, 46.15%)
- Zometa (39 people, 42.86%)
- Coumadin (39 people, 42.86%)
- Aredia (39 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
C Edwards (3 years ago):
I must be in that .06%. Had a nasty sinus infection that was not abated by antibiotics x2 so was prescribed Prednisone. Approx 30-45 days after my treatment finished (and my sinus infection was cured) my OB/GYN found a lump in my chest "the size of a golfball" during a routine breast exam. Underwent many tests and finally had a referral to an Oncologist. He took one look at test results and asked me if I'd recently been on Prednisone, that I had no worries with cancer, but I did have costocondritis and that I shouldn't worry. His office visit took maybe 5 minutes.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prednisone and costochondritis on
Do you have Costochondritis while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Costochondritis
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Costochondritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 47-year old man with Vasculitis. The patient has Sickle Cell Anaemia With Crisis
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Acyclovir, Prednisone for a 45-year old man with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Bell's Palsy. The patient has Facial Edema, Eyelid Drooping, Headache, Facial Pain
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 22-year old woman with Inflammation. The patient has Weight Below Normal, Joint Pain, Diarrhea, Fatigue - Chronic, Rash Erythematous
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Hydroxyzine, Prednisone, Ortho Cyclen-28, Suboxone, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman with Otitis Media Chronic, Anxiety, Pregnancy, Addiction, Depression. The patient has Panic Attacks, Confusion Aggravated, Unhappy, Body Tinea
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Cellcept, Prograf for a 39-year old man with Kidney Transplant Rejection. The patient has Tingling And Numbness In My Foot Every Time I Stand Up Across My Right Foot Just Started Is Getting Worse My Toes Feel Like Needles
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.