Prednisone and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Humira, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 239,595 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 25, 2017
239,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 10,868 people (4.54%) have Diarrhea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Diarrhea *:
- < 1 month: 46.76 %
- 1 - 6 months: 31.06 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.17 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.78 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.8 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.05 %
- 10+ years: 2.39 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 63.4 %
- male: 36.6 %
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.31 %
- 2-9: 1.06 %
- 10-19: 3.11 %
- 20-29: 5.51 %
- 30-39: 7.88 %
- 40-49: 13.12 %
- 50-59: 22.63 %
- 60+: 46.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1,690 people, 15.55%)
- Crohn's Disease (1,145 people, 10.54%)
- High Blood Pressure (899 people, 8.27%)
- Pain (825 people, 7.59%)
- Osteoporosis (544 people, 5.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (1,685 people, 15.50%)
- Methotrexate (1,275 people, 11.73%)
- Lasix (913 people, 8.40%)
- Folic Acid (905 people, 8.33%)
- Aspirin (827 people, 7.61%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (3,223 people, 29.66%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (2,863 people, 26.34%)
- Fatigue (2,315 people, 21.30%)
- Fever (1,909 people, 17.57%)
- Weakness (1,813 people, 16.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea when taking Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 246,223 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 288,392 Diarrhea patients).