Home > Prednisone > Ear buzzing > Prednisone and Ear buzzing
Review: could Prednisone cause Ear buzzing (Tinnitus)?
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 458 have Ear buzzing. Find out below who they are, when they have Ear buzzing and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Ear buzzing >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Ear buzzing (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,381 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 146,660 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 458 people (0.31%) have Ear Buzzing.
Time on Prednisone when people have Ear buzzing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ear buzzing||28.26%||10.87%||15.22%||4.35%||2.17%||32.61%||6.52% |
Gender of people who have Ear buzzing when taking Prednisone * :
|Ear buzzing||56.94%||43.06% |
Age of people who have Ear buzzing when taking Prednisone * :
|Ear buzzing||0.00%||0.00%||2.12%||1.41%||9.88%||19.76%||26.82%||40.00% |
Severity of Ear buzzing when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ear buzzing||0.00%||50.00%||40.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Ear buzzing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ear buzzing||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (46 people, 10.04%)
- Pain (33 people, 7.21%)
- Depression (27 people, 5.90%)
- Multiple myeloma (26 people, 5.68%)
- Osteoporosis (21 people, 4.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (111 people, 24.24%)
- Fosamax (87 people, 19.00%)
- Zometa (78 people, 17.03%)
- Celebrex (76 people, 16.59%)
- Aspirin (71 people, 15.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ear Buzzing while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Ear Buzzing
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Ear Buzzing
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Ear buzzing
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Ear buzzing
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Prednisone, Ear buzzing
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Lumigan, Alphagan, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Diamox for a 24-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
More related comparison studies for: Prednisone, Ear buzzing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (48 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (50 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Blood In Stool
- Emotional Poverty
- Loss Of Appetite