Home > Prednisone > Ear buzzing > Prednisone and Ear buzzing
Review: could Prednisone cause Ear buzzing (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Ear buzzing is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Prednisone tab, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 146,686 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 464 have Ear buzzing. Find out below who they are, when they have Ear buzzing and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Ear buzzing >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,999 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Ear buzzing (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 19,199 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 29, 2014: 146,686 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 460 people (0.31%) have Ear Buzzing.
Time on Prednisone when people have Ear buzzing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ear buzzing||27.08%||10.42%||14.58%||8.33%||2.08%||31.25%||6.25% |
Gender of people who have Ear buzzing when taking Prednisone * :
|Ear buzzing||56.71%||43.29% |
Age of people who have Ear buzzing when taking Prednisone * :
|Ear buzzing||0.00%||0.00%||2.11%||1.64%||9.84%||19.67%||26.70%||40.05% |
Severity of Ear buzzing when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ear buzzing||0.00%||50.00%||41.67%||8.33% |
How people recovered from Ear buzzing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ear buzzing||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (46 people, 10.00%)
- Pain (34 people, 7.39%)
- Depression (28 people, 6.09%)
- Multiple myeloma (26 people, 5.65%)
- Osteoporosis (21 people, 4.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (111 people, 24.13%)
- Fosamax (87 people, 18.91%)
- Zometa (78 people, 16.96%)
- Celebrex (76 people, 16.52%)
- Aspirin (71 people, 15.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ear Buzzing while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Ear Buzzing
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Ear Buzzing
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Nimotop for curing tinnitus?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Nimotop)
i have tinnitus and the doctor is giving me nimotop 30 mg is this good?
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
- Can i continue taking lysine while taking prednisone? (5 day prescription)
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Blocked Ear, and takes Prednisone, Lysine)
I am on a 5 day prescription of prednisone for my allergies/ear blockage. Is it safe for me during this time to continue taking my Lysine supplement?
- Have you taken levothyroxine and noticed a ringing in your eyes after taking the medication.
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Never had ringing before taking Levothyroxine for thyroid problem.If you have experienced the same please respond when and if you had the same.Thanks
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane. (1 answer)
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
More questions for: Prednisone, Ear buzzing
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ringing in the ears from linzess
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Linzess)
I started Linzess about a month ago, taking it about every three days. It was my miracle pill, until recently when I started having ringing in my ears. I am stopping the medication in hopes that the ringing will subside.
- Side effects of using terazosin
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 ...
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Steroid Myopathy, Osteopenia, Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy , Cushing's Syndrome - Steroid Induced, and takes Prednisone)
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Allergic Reaction To Bee Sting, and takes Prednisone)
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Ear buzzing
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a patient with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: Have ringing in the ears and feel that it could not be because of sound it must be because of something else. It is to high it must be of the medicne I eat. Have even ringing in the left ear but very high in my righ. Same type of sound on both sides of the ears ringing sound. Help please?
What me ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Joint Stiffness
Comments: I had a flu-like bout of unwellness approx 2 weeks before being diagnosed with Polymyalgia rheumatica. The onset was very sudden - went from being fully mobile, to developing neck/shoulder stiffness and then being fully immobile within 36 hours. Following two days of steroids, I felt much better but ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of side effects of Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus), Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin), Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters), Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: I have no ear wax. My ears stop producing wax 4 years ago after a bad case of itching, and after using prescription ear drops and going to the doctor biweekly for a month to let doctor squirt a puff of powder in each ear. After all of this no more ear wax, and I woke up with left ear stopped up, and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
Comments: The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
More related studies for: Prednisone, Ear buzzing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.