Prednisone and Flatulence - from FDA reports
Flatulence is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Humira, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Flatulence with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 239,595 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 20, 2017
239,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 854 people (0.36%) have Flatulence
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Flatulence *:
- < 1 month: 68.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.14 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.71 %
- 10+ years: 8.57 %
Gender of people who have Flatulence when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 63.83 %
- male: 36.17 %
Age of people who have Flatulence when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.14 %
- 2-9: 0.72 %
- 10-19: 0.72 %
- 20-29: 1.29 %
- 30-39: 6.01 %
- 40-49: 10.73 %
- 50-59: 28.33 %
- 60+: 52.07 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (68 people, 7.96%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (48 people, 5.62%)
- Depression (38 people, 4.45%)
- Multiple Myeloma (33 people, 3.86%)
- Quit Smoking (32 people, 3.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (139 people, 16.28%)
- Methotrexate (109 people, 12.76%)
- Enbrel (90 people, 10.54%)
- Folic Acid (83 people, 9.72%)
- Prilosec (65 people, 7.61%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea (277 people, 32.44%)
- Nausea (222 people, 26.00%)
- Abdominal Distension (171 people, 20.02%)
- Fatigue (155 people, 18.15%)
- Constipation (133 people, 15.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Flatulence when taking Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 246,223 users)
Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, quit smoking (latest reports from 34,798 Flatulence patients).