Home > Prednisone > Flushing > Prednisone and Flushing
Review: could Prednisone cause Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing)?
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 857 have Flushing. Find out below who they are, when they have Flushing and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Flushing >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) (latest reports from 377,117 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 858 people (0.59%) have Flushing.
Time on Prednisone when people have Flushing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Flushing when taking Prednisone * :
Age of people who have Flushing when taking Prednisone * :
Severity of Flushing when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Flushing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (126 people, 14.69%)
- Asthma (68 people, 7.93%)
- Crohn's disease (60 people, 6.99%)
- Hypertension (48 people, 5.59%)
- Osteoporosis (45 people, 5.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Remicade (260 people, 30.30%)
- Prednisone tab (195 people, 22.73%)
- Methotrexate (127 people, 14.80%)
- Folic acid (110 people, 12.82%)
- Aspirin (106 people, 12.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Flushing while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Flushing
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Flushing
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Flushing
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Flushing
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Prednisone, Flushing
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Lumigan, Alphagan, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Diamox for a 24-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
More related comparison studies for: Prednisone, Flushing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (29 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (33 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (45 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (45 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Brain Damage
- Uncontrollable Passage Of Feces
- Eye Twitch
- Lipodystrophy Congenital