Prednisone and Flushing - from FDA reports
Flushing is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Remicade, and have Multiple sclerosis. This review analyzes which people have Flushing with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 247,408 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
247,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 1,426 people (0.58%) have Flushing
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Flushing *:
- < 1 month: 65.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.91 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.99 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.99 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.99 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.46 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Flushing when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 67.62 %
- male: 32.38 %
Age of people who have Flushing when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.18 %
- 2-9: 1.14 %
- 10-19: 4.4 %
- 20-29: 6.33 %
- 30-39: 12.93 %
- 40-49: 18.56 %
- 50-59: 20.76 %
- 60+: 35.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (90 people, 6.31%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (80 people, 5.61%)
- High Blood Pressure (69 people, 4.84%)
- Osteoporosis (57 people, 4.00%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (50 people, 3.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Remicade (327 people, 22.93%)
- Methotrexate (183 people, 12.83%)
- Benadryl (173 people, 12.13%)
- Folic Acid (125 people, 8.77%)
- Tylenol (122 people, 8.56%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (278 people, 19.50%)
- Chest Pain (264 people, 18.51%)
- Infusion Related Reaction (221 people, 15.50%)
- Headache (208 people, 14.59%)
- Itching (205 people, 14.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Flushing when taking Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 246,223 users)
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 69,876 Flushing patients).