Review: could Prednisone cause Foot, leg, and ankle swelling?
Summary: Foot, leg, and ankle swelling is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Protonix, and have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling.
We study 146,809 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 150,135 Prednisone users)
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 1,439 Foot, leg, and ankle swelling patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 146,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 22 people (0.01%) have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling.
Time on Prednisone when people have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||10.53%||10.53%||0.00%||26.32%||15.79%||26.32%||10.53% |
Gender of people who have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling when taking Prednisone * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||77.27%||22.73% |
Age of people who have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling when taking Prednisone * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||0.00%||22.73%||36.36%||22.73% |
Severity of Foot, leg, and ankle swelling when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||9.09%||36.36%||50.00%||4.55% |
How people recovered from Foot, leg, and ankle swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||5.00%||25.00%||70.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Swelling of the ankles - feet - legs (3 people, 13.64%)
- Asthma (3 people, 13.64%)
- Crohn's disease (3 people, 13.64%)
- Depression (2 people, 9.09%)
- Swelling (2 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Protonix (3 people, 13.64%)
- Cymbalta (3 people, 13.64%)
- Vitamin d (3 people, 13.64%)
- Lasix (3 people, 13.64%)
- Singulair (2 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prednisone and foot, leg, and ankle swelling on
Do you have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 59-year old woman with Transplant - Kidney, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain, Blood Creatinine Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 40-year old woman with Tinnitus. The patient has Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint)
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 18-year old girl with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Dizzy, Fast Heart Beat, Fast Heart Rate, Confused, Tired, Disoreinted,just Sick All Over.
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.