Home > Prednisone > Foot, leg, and ankle swelling > Prednisone and Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Review: could Prednisone cause Foot, leg, and ankle swelling?
Summary: Foot, leg, and ankle swelling is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Protonix, and have Asthma.
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,999 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling (latest reports from 4,720 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, pain.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 146,660 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 21 people (0.01%) have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling.
Time on Prednisone when people have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||10.53%||10.53%||0.00%||26.32%||15.79%||26.32%||10.53% |
Gender of people who have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling when taking Prednisone * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||76.19%||23.81% |
Age of people who have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling when taking Prednisone * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||23.81%||38.10%||23.81% |
Severity of Foot, leg, and ankle swelling when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||9.52%||33.33%||52.38%||4.76% |
How people recovered from Foot, leg, and ankle swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||5.26%||26.32%||68.42% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (3 people, 14.29%)
- Crohn's disease (3 people, 14.29%)
- Swelling of the ankles - feet - legs (3 people, 14.29%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 9.52%)
- Depression (2 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Protonix (3 people, 14.29%)
- Cymbalta (3 people, 14.29%)
- Vitamin d (3 people, 14.29%)
- Lasix (3 people, 14.29%)
- Singulair (2 people, 9.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i continue taking lysine while taking prednisone? (5 day prescription)
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Blocked Ear, and takes Prednisone, Lysine)
I am on a 5 day prescription of prednisone for my allergies/ear blockage. Is it safe for me during this time to continue taking my Lysine supplement?
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Woke up with swollen feet, legs and family member noticed i was slurring my speech and my mouth was drawn down in an abnormal position. i felt very out of it and spacey. i have had blood work drawn t
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Speech Disorder, Trance Like Behavior, Slurred Speech, Mouth Dropped Down.Swollen Feet, Ankles, And Legs., Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Lasix)
Woke up with swollen feet, legs and family member noticed I was slurring my speech and my mouth was drawn down in an abnormal position. I felt very out of it and spacey. I have had blood work drawn today, CT of head, EKG and the doctor said I have what is called a "hard heart". I will see him tomo ...
- Has anyone with autoimmune hepatitis tried alpha lipoic acid, milk thistle and selenium
(Asked by a 14 year old girl who has Autoimmune Hepatitis)
Has anyone tried alpha lipoic , selenium and silybum marianum? I read an article that synergically they have anti inflammatory impact on the liver.
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Hypothyroidism, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, and takes Nabumetone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil)
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
More questions for: Prednisone, Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Steroid Myopathy, Osteopenia, Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy , Cushing's Syndrome - Steroid Induced, and takes Prednisone)
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Allergic Reaction To Bee Sting, and takes Prednisone)
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
More reviews for: Prednisone, Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Joint Stiffness
Comments: Also multifocal cortitis
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Stomach hurt all the time
- A study of side effects of Norvasc for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Swelling Of The Scrotum
Comments: was put on Norvasc because of high blood pressure, I take Altace already
it brought down the blood pressure and could go for TURP surgery
after surgery my legs ankles, testicles twice the sice, face flushed , rapit heartbeat,
took myself off Norvasc
swelling almost gone after 1week off drug
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Cobalamin, Actonel, Vitamin D, Calcium, Omeprazole, Methotrexate, Prednisone for a patient with Methotrexate Use, Pernicious Anemia, Steroid Use, Gerd, Boop. The patient has
Comments: Also take Vitamin D, Actonel,Calcium, B-12, Folic acid
More related studies for: Prednisone, Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.