Review: could Prednisone cause Frequent urination (Frequent or urgent urination)?
Summary: Frequent urination is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cephalexin, and have Pain.
We study 146,809 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Frequent urination. Find out below who they are, when they have Frequent urination and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Frequent urination >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 150,135 Prednisone users)
Frequent urination has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, pain, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 733 Frequent urination patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 146,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 9 people (0.01%) have Frequent Urination.
Time on Prednisone when people have Frequent urination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Frequent urination||62.50%||25.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Frequent urination when taking Prednisone * :
|Frequent urination||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Frequent urination when taking Prednisone * :
|Frequent urination||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||11.11%||11.11%||22.22%||0.00%||44.44% |
Severity of Frequent urination when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Frequent urination||0.00%||55.56%||33.33%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Frequent urination ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Frequent urination||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (2 people, 22.22%)
- Cough (1 people, 11.11%)
- Bronchitis acute (1 people, 11.11%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 11.11%)
- Hyperlipidemia (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cephalexin (2 people, 22.22%)
- Modafinil (1 people, 11.11%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (1 people, 11.11%)
- Simvastatin (1 people, 11.11%)
- Omeprazole (1 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Frequent Urination while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Frequent Urination
- support group for people who take Prednisone
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine for a 28-year old woman with Add Inattentive Type, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Repeated Nightmares, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 40-year old woman with Tinnitus. The patient has Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint)
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 18-year old girl with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Dizzy, Fast Heart Beat, Fast Heart Rate, Confused, Tired, Disoreinted,just Sick All Over.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone Intensol for a 47-year old woman with Cushing's Syndrome. The patient has Cushing's Syndrome (obesity, a rounded face, increased fat)
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.