Home > Prednisone > Hiccups > Prednisone and Hiccups
Review: could Prednisone cause Hiccups?
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 78 have Hiccups. Find out below who they are, when they have Hiccups and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Hiccups >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Hiccups (an involuntary spasm of the diaphragm and respiratory organs, with a sudden closure of the glottis and a sound like a cough) (latest reports from 16,415 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, pain, multiple myeloma, quit smoking.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 78 people (0.05%) have Hiccups.
Time on Prednisone when people have Hiccups * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hiccups when taking Prednisone * :
Age of people who have Hiccups when taking Prednisone * :
Severity of Hiccups when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hiccups ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 21.79%)
- Trismus (14 people, 17.95%)
- Constipation (11 people, 14.10%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 5.13%)
- Renal transplant (4 people, 5.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (29 people, 37.18%)
- Zometa (28 people, 35.90%)
- Prilosec (27 people, 34.62%)
- Zoloft (26 people, 33.33%)
- Demerol (25 people, 32.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiccups while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Hiccups
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Hiccups
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Started taking prednisone for gout on Friday. 40 mg per day for 3 days, then 20 mg per day for 3 then 10 mg per day for the last 3 days. Hiccups started Friday night and as of Monday night (the hiccups have gotten worse.
From this study (2 years ago):
asthma - take singluair and Advair daily - prednsone when symptoms are severe
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Hiccups
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Horrible hiccups may be caused by sulfamethoxazole
a few hours after taking Bactrim/sulfamethoxazole I got the worst case of Hiccups Ever. it has now been over 24 hours and I havent stopped. will be visiting my doctor in the morning.
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Hiccups
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (4 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (4 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (27 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Advil Overdose
- Bladder Calculi
- High Blood Sugar
- Dilaudid Overdose
- Bilateral Hydronephrosis