Prednisone and Hiccups - from FDA reports
Hiccups is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Hiccups with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 239,595 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 19, 2017
239,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 117 people (0.05%) have Hiccups
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Hiccups *:
- < 1 month: 65 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10 %
- 2 - 5 years: 15 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hiccups when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 13.91 %
- male: 86.09 %
Age of people who have Hiccups when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.97 %
- 10-19: 2.91 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 7.77 %
- 40-49: 8.74 %
- 50-59: 20.39 %
- 60+: 59.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (21 people, 17.95%)
- Trismus (15 people, 12.82%)
- Constipation (11 people, 9.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (5 people, 4.27%)
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (4 people, 3.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (30 people, 25.64%)
- Prilosec (28 people, 23.93%)
- Zoloft (27 people, 23.08%)
- Versed (26 people, 22.22%)
- Demerol (26 people, 22.22%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (53 people, 45.30%)
- Fatigue (36 people, 30.77%)
- Weakness (34 people, 29.06%)
- Stress And Anxiety (33 people, 28.21%)
- Infection (32 people, 27.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiccups when taking Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 246,223 users)
Hiccups (an involuntary spasm of the diaphragm and respiratory organs, with a sudden closure of the glottis and a sound like a cough) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, quit smoking, pain, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 5,405 Hiccups patients).