Review: could Prednisone cause Hoarseness or changing voice?
Summary: Hoarseness or changing voice is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Prednisone tab, and have Asthma.
We study 146,809 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 712 have Hoarseness or changing voice. Find out below who they are, when they have Hoarseness or changing voice and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Hoarseness or changing voice >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 150,124 Prednisone users)
Hoarseness or changing voice
Hoarseness or changing voice has been reported by people with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 14,358 Hoarseness or changing voice patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 146,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 712 people (0.49%) have Hoarseness Or Changing Voice.
Time on Prednisone when people have Hoarseness or changing voice * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hoarseness or changing voice||32.08%||13.21%||0.00%||0.00%||9.43%||37.74%||7.55% |
Gender of people who have Hoarseness or changing voice when taking Prednisone * :
|Hoarseness or changing voice||70.09%||29.91% |
Age of people who have Hoarseness or changing voice when taking Prednisone * :
|Hoarseness or changing voice||0.00%||0.58%||3.33%||0.87%||5.21%||13.17%||25.18%||51.66% |
Severity of Hoarseness or changing voice when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hoarseness or changing voice||0.00%||42.86%||57.14%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hoarseness or changing voice ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hoarseness or changing voice||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (147 people, 20.65%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (118 people, 16.57%)
- Osteoporosis (111 people, 15.59%)
- Pain (67 people, 9.41%)
- Hypertension (54 people, 7.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (180 people, 25.28%)
- Methotrexate (131 people, 18.40%)
- Fosamax (114 people, 16.01%)
- Folic acid (103 people, 14.47%)
- Aspirin (93 people, 13.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prednisone and hoarseness or changing voice on
Do you have Hoarseness Or Changing Voice while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Hoarseness Or Changing Voice
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Hoarseness Or Changing Voice
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 59-year old woman with Transplant - Kidney, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain, Blood Creatinine Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 40-year old woman with Tinnitus. The patient has Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint)
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 18-year old girl with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Dizzy, Fast Heart Beat, Fast Heart Rate, Confused, Tired, Disoreinted,just Sick All Over.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone Intensol for a 47-year old woman with Cushing's Syndrome. The patient has Cushing's Syndrome (obesity, a rounded face, increased fat)
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.