Home > Prednisone > Hot flashes > Prednisone and Hot flashes
Review: could Prednisone cause Hot flashes?
We study 146,589 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Hot flashes. Find out below who they are, when they have Hot flashes and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Hot flashes >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,937 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Hot flashes (latest reports from 1,795 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol, hypothyroidism.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 12 people (0.01%) have Hot Flashes.
Time on Prednisone when people have Hot flashes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hot flashes||41.67%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||8.33%||16.67%||16.67% |
Gender of people who have Hot flashes when taking Prednisone * :
|Hot flashes||91.67%||8.33% |
Age of people who have Hot flashes when taking Prednisone * :
|Hot flashes||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||8.33%||33.33%||16.67%||25.00%||8.33% |
Severity of Hot flashes when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hot flashes||8.33%||75.00%||16.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hot flashes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hot flashes||20.00%||20.00%||60.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 25.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 16.67%)
- Allergic cough (2 people, 16.67%)
- Thyroid disorder (1 people, 8.33%)
- Depression (1 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (2 people, 16.67%)
- Folic acid (2 people, 16.67%)
- Methotrexate (2 people, 16.67%)
- Alprazolam (1 people, 8.33%)
- Percocet (1 people, 8.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hot Flashes while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Hot Flashes
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Hot Flashes
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
All lesions necrosis
I live in chronic pain and fatigue
Lisa on Sep, 4, 2014:
Female 55 I have bechets. Diagnosed at 39. I take every medication on that list except I dropped methotrexate. I worse since I dropped it. And I have every symptom including ganglion cyst which needs to be surgically removed to the throat lesion. I can barely function. The only 5hing I dont have is the allergic cough. I did have mrsa phenomia once. Oh most recently plursey. I have been ivig dependent for 13 years.
From this study (2 months ago):
Hot flash onset ca. 30 mins post oral admin of levofloxacin. Prednisone listed due to potential x reaction. Prednisone spaced at least 4 hours prior to levofloxacin. Results in moderate hot flashes and reddening of skin as well as raised basal temperature for 8 hours. Normality restored approx. 12 hours post levofloxacin.
From this study (8 months ago):
If I take the supplementCo Q-10 with Ubiquinol will it cause me any health risks?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Hot flashes
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Hot flashes
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (50 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (59 minutes ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Herba Ginkgo Biloba
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tapazole
- Cromolyn Sodium and Angioedema
- Platelet Count Decreased and Avodart
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride
- Urine Potassium Decreased
- Semen Volume Increased