Review: could Prednisone cause Immune system disorder?
Summary: Immune system disorder is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Prednisone tab, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 146,792 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 227 have Immune system disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Immune system disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Immune system disorder >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 150,120 Prednisone users)
Immune system disorder
Immune system disorder has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c. (latest reports from 3,546 Immune system disorder patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 146,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 227 people (0.15%) have Immune System Disorder.
Time on Prednisone when people have Immune system disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Immune system disorder||26.32%||10.53%||5.26%||5.26%||52.63%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Immune system disorder when taking Prednisone * :
|Immune system disorder||70.25%||29.75% |
Age of people who have Immune system disorder when taking Prednisone * :
|Immune system disorder||0.00%||1.04%||0.52%||2.59%||9.33%||16.06%||21.24%||49.22% |
Severity of Immune system disorder when taking Prednisone ** :
How people recovered from Immune system disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (73 people, 32.16%)
- Osteoporosis (35 people, 15.42%)
- Pain (14 people, 6.17%)
- Fibromyalgia (9 people, 3.96%)
- Crohn's disease (8 people, 3.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (65 people, 28.63%)
- Methotrexate (58 people, 25.55%)
- Folic acid (44 people, 19.38%)
- Fosamax (36 people, 15.86%)
- Enbrel (34 people, 14.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Immune System Disorder while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Immune System Disorder
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Immune system disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 40-year old woman with Tinnitus. The patient has Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint)
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 18-year old girl with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Dizzy, Fast Heart Beat, Fast Heart Rate, Confused, Tired, Disoreinted,just Sick All Over.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone Intensol for a 47-year old woman with Cushing's Syndrome. The patient has Cushing's Syndrome (obesity, a rounded face, increased fat)
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Viagra, Vitamin D, Prednisone, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Zolpidem, Vitamin C, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 68-year old man with Tiredness, Ptsd, Erectile Dysfunction, General Physical Condition, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Coronary Artery Disease, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has Tinnitus, Sleep Apnea, Erectile Dysfunction, Elevated Mood, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Depressive Disorder, Ptsd
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Evista, Prednisone, Atacand for a 80-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Postmenopausal
- Comparions of Symbicort, Doxycycline, Dapsone, Prednisone for a 57-year old man who has Bullous Pemphigoid
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Prednisone for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Cefdinir, Prednisone for a 50-year old woman who has Cefdinir
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.